Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 7:31 am  #1

How about Datt?

It's starting to look as though I was wrong about Ferry's interest in keeping Mamadou Datt. Don't know if it's about Ferry liking the kid's game, or wanting to balance class sizes, or if he just doesn't see a big man out there who he thinks would be better, but it looks like Datt is still on the roster.

I was initially very excited about this kid when he first got here. Lots of length and he seemed to be able to get off the ground pretty well. Doesn't rebound well and is limited offensively, and with the knee problems may have restricted mobility. I still think I would have kept Abele, because when St. Louis or someone else throws out a 7-foot monster, Martins always seemed to be able to hold his own defensively, plus he was a senior so you get the scholie next year.

I do hope Winters stays, because I think he is head and shoulders the best player Ferry recruited last year. He just didn't get enough touches to show it, but we've flogged that horsie to death already.

In addition to my question about Datt, I think it's interesting that no one has stepped up to two questions I've also thrown out:

1. Did Amodio interview anyone nesides Ferry before offering him the job? Or did he think his flirtation with Dambrot and his buddy from Xavier constituted a "search." For that matter, how does Hofstra get a search firm and we rely on Greg's Rolodex?

2. Has Ferry actually moved to Pittsburgh?

4/12/2013 8:14 am  #2

Re: How about Datt?

It would be absurd to me if Ferry doesn't live in Pittsburgh.  If not, it would mean that he is simply waiting for a NY job to open up.  That said, what BCS gigs that are a step up from the A10 would be opening in the foreseeable future?  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/12/2013 9:51 am  #3

Re: How about Datt?

This is what Jim Ferry and his wife told me at a football game last fall. He lives downtown. His wife and children are still in NY. He intends to bring the family here at the end of this school year and is looking in the Pine Richland school district. I discerned no insincerity in their comments. My impression is that he wanted to do what is best for his children for the current school year.

Board footera