Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 3:35 pm  #1

SMS taking entire staff with her.

So she wasn't just interested in leaving.  That tells me Burt is out for DU coach.  How do you as a coaching staff go into a group of young women and tell them you are all leaving.  

I really feel for the current players.  Good luck to all the Dukes.  I will be there rooting you on next season.

4/12/2013 3:39 pm  #2

Re: SMS taking entire staff with her.

Is there any chance Darcie will come? Obviously, she should be the first person they talk to.

4/12/2013 3:49 pm  #3

Doesn't sound like she is interested. 

4/12/2013 4:20 pm  #4

duqkurt wrote:

So she wasn't just interested in leaving.  That tells me Burt is out for DU coach.  How do you as a coaching staff go into a group of young women and tell them you are all leaving.  

I really feel for the current players.  Good luck to all the Dukes.  I will be there rooting you on next s       eason.

I was wondering what Burts coaching background is. He was an assistant coach at Trinity High School not too long ago. Did he go from Trinity to Duquesne or was there a stop in between?

4/12/2013 4:37 pm  #5

Everyone keeps saying Darcie wouldn't be interested. Why not?

4/12/2013 4:40 pm  #6

I warned some of you who were taking such joy out of Agnus' struggles to be careful what you wished for. A mediocre Pitt program was a better situation for Duquesne, than the program tanking like it did.

4/12/2013 5:39 pm  #7

It doesn't surprise me her whole staff is going - so, we went from being No. 1 in the city for Women's Basketball and in a few years will probably go to #3.   Hmmm...let's just chuck the sports and put the $$ into upgraded academic needs.
Our women's basketball will soon match the men's teams.

Whether you like the AD or not - this is a terrible position - to replace an ENTIRE staff of an very good time.  Who in the heck would want to come here!  He couldn't get the coach from Akron to come here for the men's team...maybe the women's coach will come.

Last edited by FAM (4/12/2013 5:49 pm)

4/12/2013 6:09 pm  #8

ElDuque wrote:

Everyone keeps saying Darcie wouldn't be interested. Why not?

1. Amodio pretty much snubbed her publicly when SMS was hired.  She was the successful coach at Cal U and he sort of had a Darcie Who? attitude about him.  Others in the media where suggesting her.

2. She had been quoted as saying she loves living in the country and hates living in cities. 

3. Duquesne is not that big a step up from her current position.  

4/12/2013 6:13 pm  #9

Dan Burt was an assistant at WVU, Unc Wilmington and Bucknell before DU.  

Can someone tell me if this means we will lose the entire 6 player recruiting class?   I'm sorry but if GA releases then he better not let them go to Pitt.  See Russell Shell.   

4/12/2013 9:53 pm  #10

Maybe DU should contact Geno A (from UConn) for a suggestion --  There is probably a "coaching tree" out there of his proteges -  and two possible selling points could be that at least the A-10 is a "middle tier" as far as women's hoops goes (as far as pay is etc)  And we could also tell him Our Coach was Lured away by one of those schools that left YOU in the lurch as far as the future goes.

Couldn't hurt -  If he blows us off so what how much did the call cost???

4/13/2013 6:30 am  #11

Had to laugh at her comments about loyalty in the P-G story. Ask Duquesne how loyal she is. Hope she loses every game.

4/13/2013 7:05 am  #12

I hope she loses every game too.  Nice to see that GA is so happy for her also.  That's great news!!

He even manages to give props to what a great conference the ACC is.    

Last edited by duqkurt (4/13/2013 7:07 am)

Board footera