Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 6:54 pm  #1

Explain Dan Burt to me.

So he would rather be an assistant coach there, instead of staying at DU for two weeks and possibly gettimg the head  coaching position.    For a team he helped create.  

And it not like she wouldn't have waited two weeks to hire him.  What a loser he is.  Rather be a career assistant I guess. 

I met Agnus once at a Catholic Charities event.  She was very nice.  I never had the distaste for her others did.  After someone explains Dan Burt to me, any chance Agnus gets an interview?   Bernie McGlade will let us host the A10 tourney if we hire her I bet.  

4/12/2013 7:13 pm  #2

Re: Explain Dan Burt to me.

Kurt, I  would wait a couple of days and let the dust settle. I don't know what you might have heard, but if I'm in dans shoes and my boss takes a job and offers to take me along, I would have to consider it. That is until my current employer contacted me about a promotion.

4/12/2013 7:46 pm  #3

Not sure I'm buying that.  You mean SBS wouldn't wait two weeks and hire Burt if he didn't get the head coaching job?   

I'm with GA on this one if he says dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  And BTW, none of our recruits are being released to you. 

4/12/2013 7:56 pm  #4

Greg's been a Tower of Strength so far, right?

<Spits at the ground>

4/12/2013 8:37 pm  #5

Rogabee once told me that it's not unusual for non BCS coaches to leave for assistant jobs at BCS schools. Pitt is no Notre Dame, but VCU's old coach left to take their 2nd assistants position. I'm not surprised Burt went and I'm fine that he did. GA's recent track record has been hiring head coaches from elsewhere.

Last edited by steve19981 (4/12/2013 8:43 pm)

4/13/2013 8:14 am  #6

I'd still like to know who else he talked to when Ferry was interviewed. Besides Gaudio and Dambrot.

Except for RE and Suzie, Greg's hiring record is lame. None of his hired coaches has produced a single title in any sport. When he's made change proactively, we've taken BIG steps backwards. In lacrosse, we've gone way backwards since he allowed a very successful coach to get away. Every sport he has kept, has floundered. Don't want to hear which ones have made the A-10 tournament every year ... none of them have won anything.

And if he's excluded a great candidate for the women's BB job -- and an alumnae of the University at that -- out of ineptness, then we've clearly got a problem on our hands.

Not that many of us hadn't figured that one out already.

This is a huge hire. We have a veteran team with several all A-10 players coming back. If this program stumbles, it's one more piece of evidence that it's time for a new AD.

4/13/2013 8:27 am  #7

duqkurt wrote:

So he would rather be an assistant coach there, instead of staying at DU for two weeks and possibly gettimg the head  coaching position.    For a team he helped create.  

And it not like she wouldn't have waited two weeks to hire him.  What a loser he is.  Rather be a career assistant I guess. 

I met Agnus once at a Catholic Charities event.  She was very nice.  I never had the distaste for her others did.  After someone explains Dan Burt to me, any chance Agnus gets an interview?   Bernie McGlade will let us host the A10 tourney if we hire her I bet.  

Good question Kurt.  I would think that the terms of  her severence might impact her decision about taking a lower paying job, but I would be interested in hearing what you and others who follow the womens program closely think about her as a possible candidate.

Great point El Duque.

4/13/2013 10:53 am  #8

Personally I think she should get an interview.  Like I said I met the woman and I like her.  She had recruiting connections around the country which we will need since $B$ will be screwing us on any local players.  

Does any one know what will happen to the current six women recruiting class?   Will they be released?   GA better not release them to $B$.

4/13/2013 11:38 am  #9

ElDuque wrote:

I'd still like to know who else he talked to when Ferry was interviewed. Besides Gaudio and Dambrot.

Except for RE and Suzie, Greg's hiring record is lame. None of his hired coaches has produced a single title in any sport. When he's made change proactively, we've taken BIG steps backwards. In lacrosse, we've gone way backwards since he allowed a very successful coach to get away. Every sport he has kept, has floundered. Don't want to hear which ones have made the A-10 tournament every year ... none of them have won anything.

And if he's excluded a great candidate for the women's BB job -- and an alumnae of the University at that -- out of ineptness, then we've clearly got a problem on our hands.

This is a huge hire. We have a veteran team with several all A-10 players coming back. If this program stumbles, it's one more piece of evidence that it's time for a new AD.

I am finally glad that people are realizing that GA's hiring record is lame.  I've been saying it for years.   (Insert mandatory Steve Opperman and his 50 games under .500 A-10 record here).  

ED, I sent you a private message on a topic. 

4/13/2013 3:32 pm  #10

duqkurt wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

I am finally glad that people are realizing that GA's hiring record is lame.  I've been saying it for years.   (Insert mandatory Steve Opperman and his 50 games under .500 A-10 record here).  

ED, I sent you a private message on a topic. 

I absolutely agree with this. A moron could have realized that hiring SMS was a good idea, and in neither of the men's basketball searches did he get his first few choices. And the Double Dambrot effort was simply embarassing.

Last edited by TheFace (4/13/2013 3:58 pm)

4/13/2013 7:35 pm  #11

"I am not at all mad at P i t t or whatever, it is a part of the business and a part of the reality of, when you have a really successful coach, other people want to hire her," Duquesne athletic director Greg Amodio said. "I know it was a tough decision for Suzie ...

"But the P i t t job offers the challenge of the ACC. That is a challenge to go against some of the best teams and coaches in the country and the competitor in Suzie, she needed to go take on that challenge."

This is from the PG today......

See here is the difference.   I am angry that she left.   I am upset that we will have to hear about her for the next 10 or more years being successful at Pitt, when in all likilihood our women's basketball program will take a step back. I am upset for the players left behind.    I'm upset that an entire coaching staff would walk out on a team and not even one remain for a couple of weeks to run the off season workouts.  

Coaches make the decision to stay at smaller schools all the time.  Not everyone leaves for more $$$.     Again, Amodio could not get the job done in keeping her at DU.   She could have gone anywhere and not brought about these feelings.  Amodio had to prevent her from going to one school....just one.  And he can't get the job done.  

I would like our AD to share the same passion as I do.  All he needed to say here was "We thank her for everything she has done for us.  We are looking for our new coach already."

I'm upset,   He doesn't appear to be at all. 

He is supposed to have this great media savvy.   But he has none.   He has no positive relationships with any media members.   Twice in the matter of like a month we were the laughing stock of social media.

And perhaps the most thing that is most upsetting is the reaction for what seems like all of Pittsburgh to her going to Pitt.   They are congratulating her and almost welcoming her back to Pittsburgh.  Anchorman, politicians, hundreds upon hundreds of Facebooks likes.   It is like no one knew she has been living here the last 6 years.

The next hire this university needs to make is an athletic director.   Not a women's basketball coach.

Last edited by duqkurt (4/14/2013 6:06 am)

4/13/2013 10:12 pm  #12

Kurt: Where was that in the Post GAzette?  Source please?  Us out of towners can't follow things as well.  Who spoke those lines?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/13/2013 10:30 pm  #13

Why does P I T T end up as Pitt and not P I T T  when I type it?

Last edited by FAM (4/13/2013 10:31 pm)

4/13/2013 10:38 pm  #14

FAM wrote:

Why does P I T T end up as Pitt and not P I T T  when I type it?

Because I got sick of seeing those four letters. I was going to make it WUP, but I didn't think anyone would know what they stood for. WUP is what they were before they took their current name, just like we used to be Pittsburgh Catholic College of the Holy Ghost. Had the names not been changed, we would be P I T T instead of them.

Last edited by duq81 (4/13/2013 10:40 pm)

4/14/2013 6:02 am  #15

Amodio said it.  It was in yesterday's PG.   The link will not work because of this P I T T that duq81 set up.   The link contains P I T T  and it gets change to WUP when being copied and then it doesnt work.  

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/pitt-to-announce-hiring-of-mcconnell-serio-as-head-womens-basketball-coach-683183/

P i t t hires McConnell-Serio as women's basketball coach    - is the title of the article.   Just look in the Duquesne section and I believe it there.  The story was from April 12

Last edited by duqkurt (4/14/2013 6:06 am)

Board footera