Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
NCAA Round 1 vs. BYU in Nebraska
12:40 Tip Off

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2018 6:38 pm  #1

Game Thread - William & Mary Tribe

5:00pm EST tip on Saturday 11/10/2018 at the A.J. Palumbo Center
Per KenPom:
Dukes #173 (0-0) vs William & Mary Tribe #129 (1-0)
Game prediction: Dukes win by 1, 77-76 - Dukes with 53% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 3.5 point favorites; Over/Under 153
Duquesne 0-0 Against the Spread: William & Mary 0-0 ATS

William & Mary Best Win(s): High Point (254)
William & Mary Worst Loss(es):

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate
Top 100 ranking overall or top 3 in conference noted as a strength; Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 3 in conference as a weakness.

Here's a look at William & Mary for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Effective FG % (40); FT Rate (78)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (100)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  None

11/09/2018 11:40 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - William & Mary Tribe

This game gives me severe anxiety.  I would much rather play a cupcake to start the season.  Reasons why:

1.  I can't watch it.  I have a wedding and short of me sneaking away to watch on my phone, I can't really watch. 

2.  I can already hear the complaints on the board if we lose i.e. This season is lost,  Dambrot sucks, etc...

3.  The A10 has had a crap start and games like this need to be won.  We have to start boosting up the conference if we want to be taken seriously.  One thing I liked about Dambrot interview was that he said A10 schools are supposed to win this game.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/10/2018 8:06 am  #3

Unless it's your wedding, I don't see why you can't latch onto Gametracker and peek once in a while.

As for the potential of a loss and people losing their minds afterwards, just don't read anything posted from a diner. We'll be fine this year. Stillers started 1-2-1, as I recall.

Peace my young friend. Congrats and blessings to the couple and enjoy yourself.

I'm excited for today! Go Dukes!

11/10/2018 8:30 am  #4

I sure do agree with Simms.  You don’t just write off an opponent because of the conference they play in.  Games have unique personalities.  I think we will prevail today but a loss would not shock or depress me.  Longwood and American should not beat Richmond and Mason on their home courts and Davidson should not need a game ending tray at home to beat the lowest rated Ivy League team. 
But events like that happen almost every day in all sports.  It has been a long NCAA drought but try looking ahead instead of behind, everyone.  This program deserves loyalty and support.

11/10/2018 9:08 am  #5

11/10/2018 11:48 am  #6

kcc173 wrote:

I sure do agree with Simms. You don’t just write off an opponent because of the conference they play in. Games have unique personalities. I think we will prevail today but a loss would not shock or depress me. Longwood and American should not beat Richmond and Mason on their home courts and Davidson should not need a game ending tray at home to beat the lowest rated Ivy League team.
But events like that happen almost every day in all sports. It has been a long NCAA drought but try looking ahead instead of behind, everyone. This program deserves loyalty and support.

If anything, those results are a short term benefit to the team and the coach. They know they have to show up and play well to win. I think they were aware that WM is a dangerous opponent prior, of course, but after seeing a lot of the A10 play so poorly at the onset of the season, they'll have a bit of extra motivation to win.

11/10/2018 11:59 am  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Unless it's your wedding, I don't see why you can't latch onto Gametracker and peek once in a while.

As for the potential of a loss and people losing their minds afterwards, just don't read anything posted from a diner. We'll be fine this year. Stillers started 1-2-1, as I recall.

Peace my young friend. Congrats and blessings to the couple and enjoy yourself.

I'm excited for today! Go Dukes!

Oh trust me, I'll be watching the game on my ESPN+ app at certain times.  I'd even do that at my own wedding 😉

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/10/2018 12:06 pm  #8

I hope the Dukes win against WMU but if they don't...
WVU, at home and ranked 13th in the country, lost to Buffalo 99-95 in OT.
I like RE but I had to laugh.  I wonder what Thuggins had to say after the game.

11/10/2018 2:28 pm  #9

Econ69 wrote:

I hope the Dukes win against WMU but if they don't...
WVU, at home and ranked 13th in the country, lost to Buffalo 99-95 in OT.
I like RE but I had to laugh.  I wonder what Thuggins had to say after the game.

Buffalo is a good team. Ask Sean Miller.

11/10/2018 2:41 pm  #10

Feels like it took forever for the season to get here. FINALLY!

Go Dukes!

11/10/2018 3:25 pm  #11

Do we have to pay for ESPN+ or is it free on the ESPN app?

11/10/2018 3:28 pm  #12

ESPN+ is $5 a month.

I have no preconceived notions about this evening. Don’t expect us to win or lose because we don’t know what we have at this point, and we also really don’t know why they have. Just excited to get over there and see the 2018 Dukes!

11/10/2018 3:58 pm  #13

Looking forward to the game! This game means everything and nothing since it is game one.

11/10/2018 4:20 pm  #14

$49 for a year and I downloaded the ESPN app on my ps4.  So I will literally be watching every Duq game on my TV!

11/10/2018 4:41 pm  #15

Sure hope this Espn plus is gonna work. Tried watching LaSalle game and got nothing.

11/10/2018 4:44 pm  #16

Ditto. Disconcerting! However I was able to watch the Umass game last night without difficulty.

11/10/2018 5:34 pm  #17

I am liking Michael Hughes so far.  :-)

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (11/10/2018 5:46 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/10/2018 5:49 pm  #18

Bad last two minutes of the half let W&M back in it.

11/10/2018 5:50 pm  #19

I don't think banked 3's should count

11/10/2018 5:52 pm  #20

Started off great, let them get back in the game and they now have the momentum.  Still feeling pretty good about the first half though, I thought the Dukes outplayed them.  I expect them to come out strong in the second half.

11/10/2018 5:57 pm  #21

Good first half. William & Mary could continue to heat up with their shooting though. This game is still looking like a tough one to win.

11/10/2018 6:09 pm  #22

W&M settling for a lot of outside shots, I like how Duquesne is pounding it down low.

11/10/2018 6:26 pm  #23

Up 17 with 10 to go. Rotroff has 11 points, 6 rebounds, and a blocked shot in 14 minutes. Shooting 4-4 including a trey.

11/10/2018 6:29 pm  #24

74-55 with 8-1/2. Carry has eight assists. Williams with 15. Rotroff has 17 (3 treys).

11/10/2018 6:30 pm  #25

We're shooting 52% from three.

Board footera