Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2019 1:54 pm  #1

POST GAZETTE FABULOUS 22. DUKES GET 2

Yesterday's report on the Post Gazette Fabulous 22 showed Jerry and his staff landing 2 and as many as any other D1 program FBS or FCS! As with all recruiting and drafts etc lets wait and see but I do like what I see again this year on paper!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (2/07/2019 4:16 pm)

2/07/2019 6:44 pm  #2

Re: POST GAZETTE FABULOUS 22. DUKES GET 2

I don’t believe that the WPIAL has the football pedigree that the nostalgic folks think it still does. And that’s not a surprise to most probably. But while you probably can’t fill a FBS team with WPIAL kids and expect tremendous success, there’s more than enough talent for a successful FCS team - as Coach has shown by picking up some great local talent and positioning DU as a transfer destination for former local kids who transfer out of the FCS. The consistent performances over the past several years bear that out. It is frustrating at times to be in a league where one conference loss often means you don’t control your own destiny but the program is and has been in a good position and who knows what comes next?

2/08/2019 6:33 pm  #3

Good points  about  WPIAL and program Face and as you know our roster has kids from Hawaii Florida Texas etc too. It is significant that we are getting WPIAL kids that we didn't have a shot at previously and pretty sure  that these 2 were recruited by some of the MAC schools from FBS

2/08/2019 9:08 pm  #4

For sure, we’re managing to get kids from a lot of hot football regions.

2/09/2019 5:37 pm  #5

This program’s tragectory of improvement is amazing!  The only thing lacking is a decent home field.  Rooney is at best a soccer field.

It’s amazing JS is able to recruit high school athletes who’s school’s stadiums are three times as big.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera