Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2019 6:11 pm  #1

Game Thread - George Washington Colonials (H)

12:00pm EST tip on Saturday 02/16/2019 at the AJ Palumbo Center
Per KenPom:
Dukes #165 (16-9; 7-5; T-5th) vs George Washington Colonials #275 (7-17; 3-8; 12th) - Atlantic 10 Conference
Game prediction: Dukes win by 10, 73-63 - Dukes with 82% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 8½ point favorites; Over/Under 140½
Duquesne 12-12-1 Against the Spread: George Washington 12-12 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Radford (117); Saint Louis (140); Rhode Island (149)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): La Salle (211); NJIT (174); St. Bonaventure (153)
George Washington Best Win(s): American (195); Saint Joseph's (201); La Salle (211)
George Washington Worst Loss(es): Siena (259); Valparaiso (213); Richmond (199)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at George Washington for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  Effective FG % (325) Offensive Rebound % (332)
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (94)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at George Washington in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (12); FT Rate (11); Effective FG % (11)
Defensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (2)
Defensive Weakness:  Turnover % (11)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (75)
Offensive Weakness:  Turnover % (297)
Defensive Strength:  Turnover % (36); Effective FG % (84)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (337)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Weakness:  Turnover % (12)
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (14)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
George Washington Adj Offense Efficiency - 95.2; 311 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 101.9; 129 in D-1
George Washington Adj Defense Efficiency - 104.6; 193 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 102.1; 209 in D-1
George Washington Adj Tempo - 67.7; 162 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 69.7; 72 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - George Washington 1.26 yrs; 296 in D-1; Dukes 0.69 yrs; 346 in D-1
Average Height - George Washington 76.5"; 217 in D-1; Dukes 75.9"; 303 in D-1

2/16/2019 1:55 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - George Washington Colonials (H)

The Dukes are wandering into some pretty ugly statistical territory when it comes to their offense.
3 point shooting: 31.9% —- 291st in country; 31.6% —- 8th in conference
2 point shooting: 51.6% —- 131st in country; 52.4% —- 4th in conference
FT shooting: 69.5% —- 204th in country; 67.2% —- 9th in conference
Block %: 11.9% —- 326th in country; 12.3% —- 13th in conference (equates to 1 in 8 two point attempts is blocked)
Steal %: 9.7% —- 279th in country; 10.4% —- 13th in conference (equates to 1 in 10 offensive possessions is stolen)

2/16/2019 7:40 am  #3

It's February and this is Duquesne.  I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect the offensive stats won't get better any time soon.

If we can't win this one, we're really in trouble...

2/16/2019 10:20 am  #4

Let's get back on track today.  We have a week of and then make a big push to the finish.  Go Dukes!

2/16/2019 10:48 am  #5

Probably haven't been an 8.5 pt. favorite in a conf, game in the last 8 or so years. Time to put together a 40 minute game.

2/16/2019 11:34 am  #6

Play defense like we been doing, allow GW one shot and Dukes will win easily.Allow GW offensive rebounds and like almost every time we allow  offensive rebounds Dukes lose.

2/16/2019 12:37 pm  #7

Humiliating effort

Struggling at home to the worst team in all of America

Onwards and upwards!

2/16/2019 12:48 pm  #8

Only 2 turnovers at half.    Amazing!
What team cools off first?   
We’ve abandoned the post game so our shooters need to stay hot.

2/16/2019 1:00 pm  #9

Live by the Frankie, die by the Frankie. Him, and to a lesser degree TDM, can be so hot, and so cold in games. When he or TDM get hot like this, I don’t mind them continuing to throw them up, provided they are good looks and not five seconds into the shot clock.

Thought Norman looked good again in limited minutes. Play the same way in the 2nd half and we win this one.

Coach was PISSED at the end there when we didn’t get the rebound for the last shot. Love how he stays on them and always keeps them engaged, that’s how you become a champion.

Out of town AGAIN, so watching this one on NBCSN. They are being super complimentary of KD and the Dukes, at one point the analyst guy said he thought we will be one of the best teams in the league next year, not a crazy statement when we are in 5th this year with a team of Freshman and Sophomores.

Last edited by Duques102 (2/16/2019 1:35 pm)

2/16/2019 1:57 pm  #10

Thought that was our beat all around effort in a long time. GW kept it competitive with some great shooting, but our guys never slowed down and increased the defensive pressure in the second half. It will be nice to have a little rest time coming up.

2/16/2019 1:58 pm  #11

Good finish.  Didnt need to stress out another final shot.  Go enjoy the week off. 
A 5 game stretch that will test this team to the max.

2/16/2019 2:12 pm  #12

Kudos to coach Dambrot. Your players are no longer whinnying like little children. In fact after a hard foul your players offer a hand for pick up. That’s the sign of a confident winning & mature team. Again that plays with the referees. Ronnie always said your a great guy and will turn this program around. Go Dukes.

2/16/2019 2:22 pm  #13

If you watched at home, NBCSN didn't show the whole reaction amike Hughes after the double technical incident. He straight up trolled Nolan and it was unbelievably fantastic. I absolutely love that he's a Duke and embraces everything that comes with it

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/16/2019 2:26 pm  #14

yak-rbc wrote:

If you watched at home, NBCSN didn't show the whole reaction amike Hughes after the double technical incident. He straight up trolled Nolan and it was unbelievably fantastic. I absolutely love that he's a Duke and embraces everything that comes with it

Mike is the spark plug of this team.  The only question is just how good this team will be in a year.

Last edited by coffee (2/16/2019 2:26 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/16/2019 2:27 pm  #15

That was a complete game that Duquesne played. About as close to 40 full minutes as can reasonably be expected. Single-digit Turnovers and Single-digit offensive rebounds allowed

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/16/2019 2:52 pm  #16

Took care of the ball...
Forced turnovers...
Better at the FT line...
Tenacious on the boards...
Where were the students at noon on a Saturday?
No disrespect to the kids who were there.

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

2/16/2019 3:06 pm  #17

The last second losses to the Bonnie’s and La Salle took a lot of momentum out of this season.  Winning both or splitting would have meant at least 500 more seats for today’s game. 

Finish strong Dukes and sell out the Dayton game!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/16/2019 3:13 pm  #18

WashPaRick wrote:

Probably haven't been an 8.5 pt. favorite in a conf, game in the last 8 or so years. Time to put together a 40 minute game.

I would say that you got your wish,Sir.  Good 40 minute effort today

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/16/2019 3:19 pm  #19

Truth be told, if they had blown this game after some of the leads they had today, I was going to put zero wins back on the board, at about 20-1!  Whew!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/16/2019 3:33 pm  #20

Mike Hughes Is A Beast

2/16/2019 3:37 pm  #21

Great game by our starting 5.  

Williams 22pts, 8 rebounds, 3 steals
Frankie Hughes 21 pts (7-15 three pointers)
Sincere Carry 15 pts, 6 assists and only 1 TO
Marcus Weathers 12 pts & 8 rebounds
Michael Hughes who was double teamed all day 6 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 4 blocks

The bench only scored 9 points (6 from TDM and 3 from Norman) but played good defense and collectively only had one turnover.

Rest up Dukes and make a hard charge to close out the regular season and win 20+ games, and win the A10 Tourney!  Go Dukes

2/16/2019 3:38 pm  #22

Great game by our starting 5.  

Williams 22pts, 8 rebounds, 3 steals
Frankie Hughes 21 pts (7-15 three pointers)
Sincere Carry 15 pts, 6 assists and only 1 TO
Marcus Weathers 12 pts & 8 rebounds
Michael Hughes who was double teamed all day 6 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 4 blocks

The bench only scored 9 points (6 from TDM and 3 from Norman) but played good defense and collectively only had one turnover.

Rest up Dukes and make a hard charge to close out the regular season and win 20+ games, and win the A10 Tourney!  Go Dukes

2/16/2019 3:42 pm  #23

This might belong on the recruiting post as well.  Maceo Austin was sitting next to James Ellis at the game today.  Looked like they were both talking to players on the bench.  I saw Sincere come over at one point and talk to both.  Love the team chemistry that is forming and can't wait for next year.

2/16/2019 4:58 pm  #24

One of the more interesting folks at today’s game was Matt Doherty who is associate commissioner of the A-10. He is also influential in the selection and ratings for officials in the league.

2/16/2019 5:46 pm  #25

Great effort by the Dukes.  At 2-3 for the month, today's performance could help rid this program of its inevitable February funk once and for all.

Let's beat GMU next Saturday, finish the regular season strong, and take no prisoners in Brooklyn.

Let's Go Duquesne!

Board footera