Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2019 7:03 pm  #1

stew, I'll see you in Columbus

Here's my plan.

The Dukes win 3 of their last 4 to get a double bye in the A-10 tournament.

VCU wins out to claim the regular season title.

The Dukes beat VCU in the championship game to get the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament and VCU gets an at large bid.

The Dukes get a 12 seed and are placed in Columbus for the first round.

I meet up with stew for a pre-game meal of delicious sliders at White Castle.

We beat a P-5 school for our first tournament win since the Ides of March in 1969.

We beat another P-5 school to advance to the Sweet 16.

Does that work for you, stew?

2/23/2019 7:15 pm  #2

Re: stew, I'll see you in Columbus

Umm, is it rude to ask if I can also attend in this scenario?

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

2/23/2019 7:20 pm  #3

VBC wrote:

Here's my plan.

The Dukes beat VCU in the championship game to get the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament and VCU gets an at large bid.

We beat a P-5 school for our first tournament win since the Ides of March in 1969.

If we finally make the Big Dance after 42 years and end up in that God Damned play in game, I will be crushed beyond human belief!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/23/2019 7:34 pm  #4

Simms wrote:

Umm, is it rude to ask if I can also attend in this scenario?

Of course you can join us!  We'll do a flash mob at White Castle before the game then the Dukes play will electrify Nationwide Arena and get the local crowd behind us to help us win and have a happy drive home.

Tejas_Duke wrote:

VBC wrote:

Here's my plan.

If we finally make the Big Dance after 42 years and end up in that God Damned play in game, I will be crushed beyond human belief!

The winner of the A-10 automatic bid will not be in a play in game.  Those games are for the winners of the lowest rated conferences and the last 4 at large bids.

2/23/2019 7:37 pm  #5

Texas - my read of the rules is that the first four games are for the final at large picks.  We can only make it as a conference champion so, ironically, despite low NET, we are not at large but automatic bid.   Hope my thought gets tested!!

2/23/2019 7:41 pm  #6

VBC stole my thunder and I think we are right.

2/23/2019 7:44 pm  #7

kcc173 wrote:

Texas - my read of the rules is that the first four games are for the final at large picks.  We can only make it as a conference champion so, ironically, despite low NET, we are not at large but automatic bid.   Hope my thought gets tested!!

My guess is that we'd be a 13 seed. Maybe we'd get to play Marquette. I'd love to beat a BE team. Might get us on their radar.

2/23/2019 8:55 pm  #8

Wouldn't that be something!!!!!!!!!! I am all for you guys coming to Columbus and teaching Columbus how
to spell and pronounce Duquesne.All the times I have driven over to Pittsburgh and rooted for futility incorporated, its time for all yinz guys to visit Columbus and root for the best sports story coming out of Pittsburgh,the 2018-19 A10 champs Dookane Dukes.
If you can dream it you can do it.Thats my take on the Bluffites.

2/23/2019 9:11 pm  #9

My thoughts are with Mossie Murphy tonight.Hope you are basking in the glory tonight big guy.You did all you
could to encourage the University to make basketball important but no one listened .Till now.Thank you
to President Gormley and Dave Harper for committing to excellence .Thank you to Coach Dambrot turning
the program around in such a short time and recruiting a bunch of players who never quit.

2/23/2019 10:23 pm  #10

VBC wrote:

Here's my plan.

I'm hoping for essentially the same thing, VBC, but I want the Dukes to play in the Jacksonville regional since I already have tickets for the first and second rounds here.  I'm also hoping to get to Brooklyn next month to watch the Dukes earn the long-awaited automatic bid.

Let's Go Duquesne!

Board footera