Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2019 12:06 pm  #1

Local Radio on the Dukes

While in the car, happened to switch on KDKA AM this morning around 11:30, where Mr. Everything Rob Pratt also hosts a sports show with several unidentified sports talkers.  Pratt was very complimentary about the Dukes and TDM and their game against GM.  Others not so much. 

Only able to hear about 5 minutes before I had to shut off the car but among other things, one talker raised the point about the loss of TJ McConnell and how devastating that was as the rest engaged in the idea that freshman that are good would only last a year before transferring.  One older talker felt that this was the end, that Duquesne had gone as far as it could this year.  Another spoke about how Sean Miller “recruited” McConnell but that discussion didn’t last long as the others just laughed.

Pratt in particular noted the accomplishments of Miller’s father and said originally he had hoped that one of the Miller sons would come to coach Duquesne but that he was happy with KD.

Maybe others heard more?  I know this isn’t much but I thought it worth mentioning that places than never talked about DU are now starting to, even if some of the talk is doubtful or almost negative.

2/24/2019 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Local Radio on the Dukes

Some of the talk is not just doubtful, it’s uninformed. It imagines that we don’t have Dambrot here but rather have some kind of also-ran as a coach.

Otherwise given Miller’s dad the recruiting thing is a conspiracy that I buy.

Last edited by Face (2/24/2019 1:42 pm)

2/24/2019 2:38 pm  #3

There is little doubt in my mind that that Miller did a little tampering to get TJ to transfer. If he gets caught up in the investigation going on about paying agents to get recruits or whatever the hell it is, it will probably only be justice.

2/24/2019 2:57 pm  #4

Westender wrote:

There is little doubt in my mind that that Miller did a little tampering to get TJ to transfer. If he gets caught up in the investigation going on about paying agents to get recruits or whatever the hell it is, it will probably only be justice.

No doubt true... just difficult to prove.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/24/2019 4:00 pm  #5

I’m ptetty sure that one of the hosts on Rob Prate’s show, Greg Diulus, is a Dukes’ season ticket holder. I have heard quite a bit of positive Dukes’ talk on this show.

2/25/2019 9:03 am  #6

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I’m ptetty sure that one of the hosts on Rob Prate’s show, Greg Diulus, is a Dukes’ season ticket holder. I have heard quite a bit of positive Dukes’ talk on this show.

I don't  usually listen to his show or KDKA AM much at all so that may be true.   At least one of them was negative (not even sure how many were on there talking). 

I agree about Sean Miller as well - had to be recruiting.

2/25/2019 10:32 am  #7

Good Morning folks!
First time I have had a chance to enjoy this web site, and I think it is great! PhoenixRising2, you are correct, I am, and have been a Duke's season ticket holder for a number of years. I also talk about the Dukes, both men and women, as much as possible on the Kuhn's Market Black and Gold Sunday Show. I would venture a guess that what I say about both programs is positive better than 90% of the time, but will also make honest comments comment about plays that were not well performed, or decisions that, perhaps could have been made better. Mulder, if you heard something negative about the Mason game, I don't recall what it could have been, because I thought it was a really good game. Perhaps you interpreted my comments about being frustrated that the Dukes get better results when they fall behind early than when they are in close contention for the entire game, as negative. That was not my intent. 
As for Sean Miller recruiting TJ, I only know what I saw in the handshake line after the Dukes' game at Arizona. I did not hear the conversation, and never claimed to have heard it.
Have a great day everybody!
Let's Go Dukes!

2/25/2019 11:52 am  #8

Greg Diulus wrote:

Good Morning folks!
First time I have had a chance to enjoy this web site, and I think it is great! PhoenixRising2, you are correct, I am, and have been a Duke's season ticket holder for a number of years. I also talk about the Dukes, both men and women, as much as possible on the Kuhn's Market Black and Gold Sunday Show. I would venture a guess that what I say about both programs is positive better than 90% of the time, but will also make honest comments comment about plays that were not well performed, or decisions that, perhaps could have been made better. Mulder, if you heard something negative about the Mason game, I don't recall what it could have been, because I thought it was a really good game. Perhaps you interpreted my comments about being frustrated that the Dukes get better results when they fall behind early than when they are in close contention for the entire game, as negative. That was not my intent. 
As for Sean Miller recruiting TJ, I only know what I saw in the handshake line after the Dukes' game at Arizona. I did not hear the conversation, and never claimed to have heard it.
Have a great day everybody!
Let's Go Dukes!

Like I said initially, I think its great that they/you were talking about the Dukes.  I didn't listen long as I mentioned as I had to get out of the car but the negative I heard was not about the GM game and didn't mean to imply that.  Rob said something about the Dukes may not be finished and someone said that they didn't think they would go much further or something like that.  Glad to hear you are a voice that can speak positively about Duquesne.

Last edited by Mulder (2/25/2019 11:52 am)

2/25/2019 11:59 am  #9

Good stuff! I believe I recall Rob saying that he felt the Dukes could make the NCAA Tourney, and while my heart tells me they will, I responded honestly that I don't see that happening this year. I believe John Banaszak said that the only way is if the win the A-10 Tourney. But, either way, it's fun that we are even thinking about the post-season! Tune in to the Kuhn's Market Black and Gold Sunday Show on KDKA at 11:00 Sunday and see what we have to say about the Saturday double-header.

Board footera