Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2019 10:53 pm  #1

Game Thread - St. Bonaventure Bonnies (A)

7:30pm EST tip on Wednesday 02/27/2019 at Reilly Center, Olean, NY
Per KenPom:
Dukes #156 (18-9; 9-5; T-4th) vs St. Bonaventure Bonnies #137 (13-14; 9-5; T-4th) - Atlantic 10 Conference
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 6, 69-63 - Dukes with 32% probability of a win
Betting line: Dukes are 6 point underdogs; Over/Under 136½
Duquesne 14-12-1 Against the Spread: St. Bonaventure 12-13-2 ATS

Last Meeting at Duquesne:  St. Bonaventure 51; Dukes 49
Dukes Best Win(s): Radford (127); Saint Louis (133); Rhode Island (154)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): La Salle (221); NJIT (172); St. Bonaventure (137)
St. Bonaventure Best Win(s): George Mason (149); Duquesne (156); Richmond (194)
St. Bonaventure Worst Loss(es): Niagara (314); Rhode Island (154); George Mason (149)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at St. Bonaventure for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  Effective FG % (271); FT Rate (302)
Defensive Strength:  Effective FG % (80); Turnover % (85)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at St. Bonaventure in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (12)
Defensive Strength:  Effective FG % (4)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (49)
Offensive Weakness:  Turnover % (290)
Defensive Strength:  Turnover % (32); FT Rate (96)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (344)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (2)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  Turnover % (4); FT Rate (4)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (14)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
St. Bonaventure Adj Offense Efficiency - 100.9; 233 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 103.1; 152 in D-1
St. Bonaventure Adj Defense Efficiency - 97.4; 62 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 103.9; 174 in D-1
St. Bonaventure Adj Tempo - 64.9; 317 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 69.5; 88 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - St. Bonaventure 1.40 yrs; 267 in D-1; Dukes 0.70 yrs; 346 in D-1
Average Height - St. Bonaventure 77.1"; 127 in D-1; Dukes 75.9"; 306 in D-1

2/27/2019 8:14 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure Bonnies (A)

Body up on the Osun guy, cant let him get 22 rebs again.  

Wonder who the star will be for us tonight?  I think MHughes is due for a 18 and 10 kind of night.  

2/27/2019 9:18 am  #3

Going to be tough if Sincere can't go again. Bonnies are playing really well and shooting it much better than they did at Palumbo.

And in Olean, I'm not sure the officials will let Hughes play enough minutes for 18 and 10.

I believe in this team, but this is going to be a really tough spot to win. Have to play the same kind of defense we did against them earlier to stick around. I'll take my chances if we are within five in the last five minutes.

2/27/2019 9:58 am  #4

Not much more to say than...

Let's Go Dukes!

2/27/2019 10:01 am  #5

Rebounding-If Dukes play good defense ,which they have done well and limit Bonnies on boards Dukes
win.There can't be any of this Bona playing volleyball until the shot goes in.That 6-11 stick man they have, we need to bounce him out and be physical with him.As soon as the shot goes up everybody get that rebound.

2/27/2019 10:31 am  #6

Gonna be a tough one. Through my years it has always seemed like we are close in talent with Bonnie’s, but they almost always have our number. Looking at the media guide the proof is in the pudding.

Bona has won the past six matchups.

Bona has won the last 10, yes 10 in a row at the Riley Center.

Bona has won 15 of the last 19 matchups against the Dukes, with 7 of the last 11 games being decided by 4 or fewer points.

The last time I specifically remember beating them was the Derrick Colter half court runner at the buzzer at home??? Did we win since then?

Winning this game would reaffirm what we have seen all season, that this team is ready to break these long term losing trends. Beat Richmond on the road, all the big comebacks, etc.

This team is different, they are not intimidated by past history or results. I think today we break the winless streak in Olean, and the Dukes get over the hump in yet another metric. They have been proving the doubters wrong all season, we need TDM to have a similar output as last game without Carry.

Teams have been keying on Mike Hughes in the past few games and guards like TDM and Frankie have been exploiting open looks and knocking down 3s.

I have a feeling the attention might switch back to the guards tonight and we could see big games from Hughes and Weathers as a result.

Go Dukes!!

2/27/2019 11:29 am  #7

The Dukes won in an early redout game in 2016. That's the last time Duquesne won against the Bonnies

The Bonnies have gotten a lot better - their freshmen are really rounding into form and their PG is beating Carry in the FOY race

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/27/2019 12:08 pm  #8

Bona has had more success and been the better overall team for most of this decade. Despite that, more often than not these games in Olean have been close affairs, with Duquesne leading rather late in a few of them. Can tonight be one of these games where it is close and it is the Dukes that make the winning plays in the end and pull out the victory this time around?  It'd be another momentum builder for the program and make the double bye much more of a reality with just three more games to go before Brooklyn.

Carry or no Carry, at least TDM is healthy for this game unlike the meeting at Palumbo.

2/27/2019 12:58 pm  #9

Came across these just now. Didn't see them on here. With so many people not reading newspapers, who knows if they get lost.

Check out Benz's podcast with the coach:
https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-coach-keith-dambrot-discusses-his-teams-ability-to-bounce-back/

Also:
https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-coach-keith-dambrot-discusses-his-teams-ability-to-bounce-back/

2/27/2019 1:31 pm  #10

Carry underwent arthroscopic knee surgery, news broken by Mike Vukovcan. Doesn't say when it occurred.

Does speculate that he could return by the end of the season

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/27/2019 2:03 pm  #11

2/27/2019 2:21 pm  #12

Not to compare, but I am 2.5 times as old as Sincere...had arthroscopic knee surgery twice on one knee and once on another.  Procedures on a Friday, Saturday moving without a problem and back to work on Monday (all 3).  Unless something crazy happens, he should be back for the playoffs.

2/27/2019 2:26 pm  #13

Damn.  Hopefully it was a clean procedure and fixed the issue.  Maybe he can play in Brooklyn, but I wouldnt push anything.

2/27/2019 7:51 pm  #14

Sit Williams. Giving Tavian an ear full instead of getting back on D as Bonnies are fast breaking. Not to mention he hasn't done anything else right.

2/27/2019 7:57 pm  #15

The Dukes look dreadful so far.  Their shot selection has been absolutely terrible.  Hopefully, they'll settle down before they dig themselves too deep a hole.  Oh, wait.  That's when they play their best.

2/27/2019 8:12 pm  #16

Where did they get these announcers, Cliche U?

Down 11, played like crap, right where we want it!!!

Lamar got the juice tomight!

Last edited by townsonkid (2/27/2019 8:16 pm)

2/27/2019 8:16 pm  #17

Lamar Norman 11 points

2/27/2019 8:17 pm  #18

Marcus Weathers we need u

2/27/2019 8:17 pm  #19

Walked out of the starting gate again. Really bad play throughout the first half by most of the team.  Thankfully, Norman is finally getting minutes. Otherwise, this one would be over at halftime.

2/27/2019 8:24 pm  #20

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Marcus Weathers we need u

I also hope Williams comes to life in the second half. 

2/27/2019 8:32 pm  #21

Don't see many signs for optimism in this one, but I saw no signs in the URI game. The defense hasn't been bad, but the offense has been terrible. With the exception of Osunniyi I don't know what the Bonnies have done to us this year, and he hasn't played much in this one. We've averaged 73 points a game, but we've only scored 71 in three halves against Bonaventure. We need a big second half shakeup. Hopefully Mike can continue controlling the paint, Norman stays hot, TDM regains the composure he's had the last few games, and Williams and Frankie get involved. 

2/27/2019 8:32 pm  #22

Man that was awful. Hopefully, they'll show some fire and passion in the second. Lot of slouched shoulders particularly Williams. Gotta get back on D.

2/27/2019 8:36 pm  #23

Getting worse. Williams man good god.

2/27/2019 8:40 pm  #24

Rayrich wrote:

Have any of his shots actually hit the rim tonight?  This is getting worse...

2/27/2019 8:50 pm  #25

IronDukes12 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Have any of his shots actually hit the rim tonight?  This is getting worse...

Williams having trouble with his eyes? Wearing one black and one white shoe.

Board footera