Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2019 9:33 pm  #1

GW win

After a very poor offensive showing in the first half, the Dukes began to click in the second- good passing, even a few good screens, and player movement.  Shot selection was significantly better in the second half.  Most important, Duquesne appeared to play with confidence.

An impressive win @ GW and the Dukes are now riding a 4-game win streak and playing (possibly) their best basketball of the season.  As the GW announcers said, Duquesne is peaking at the right time.  I agree.

With all  the problems this season (i.e. the overly aggressive non-conference schedule against a number of athletically-superior teams, the impact the early season losses on the players' confidence, etc.), the Dukes are conceivably in a position to pull off a shocker and win the A10-Tourney @ the Palumbo.

Wouldn't that be something.  

2/28/2019 9:01 am  #2

Re: GW win

They are definitely playing better basketball.  I ripped them earlier in the year but at that point there wasn't much to be positive about. 

Very glad to see a turnaround.  Don't think it's a coincidence this team started playing better once Bovell got the chance to start. 

2/28/2019 10:05 am  #3

Peaking right at the end of February. I like it.

We are now guaranteed a top 6 spot, which means we avoid a team that rests on Tuesday until the Semifinals

Bazelak is cool as a cucumber. The podcast 3 Bid League for Men's A10 loves tracking triple nickels... Libby is a triple nickel machine

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/28/2019 11:34 am  #4

In my post last evening I forgot to add another encouraging sign in Duquesne's improved offense.  For the first time in the last two years  (perhaps 3), I saw a concerted effort by just about every Dukes guard to pass the ball into the post.

I couldn't believe my eyes.  Players were tossing the ball over their defenders' heads, or in the case of Chas, throwing a bounce pass around their defender into Kadri-Ann or whoever else was in there.  

I don't know, after all this time, what suddenly changed, but it was a very encouraging sign.  If the pattern continues, it means teams will have a more difficult time double teaming the guards and making them run horizontally (which has been a problem in the past).  They'll have to respect the post (now getting more touches), thus freeing up the guards to become more efficient in their ball handling and shooting.

2/28/2019 2:45 pm  #5

Just watched the replay. Really nice second half to put the game away after they rushed just a bit in the first half. Team is getting better in all aspects of the game. With a Davidson loss to VCU Saturday, the Dukes would be seeded third. No question Bovell and Bazalak are making a difference. Looking forward to beating Bona on Saturday and wishing for a clean sweep in the A10 tourney.

2/28/2019 6:50 pm  #6

yak-rbc wrote:

Peaking right at the end of February. I like it.

We are now guaranteed a top 6 spot, which means we avoid a team that rests on Tuesday until the Semifinals

Bazelak is cool as a cucumber. The podcast 3 Bid League for Men's A10 loves tracking triple nickels... Libby is a triple nickel machine

Nice to See Libby Appreciated -  Wayne Gretzky once said  "I go where the puck is GOING TO BE -  NOT WHERE IT HAS BEEN -  Libby seems to have "that knack"  -  How else to explain how many rebounds she gets (10 last night) and how many loose balls she seems to come up with!!

Board footera