Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2019 11:45 am  #1

Will Dayton take over Palumbo?

Maybe we need to wear our blue this Saturday.

3/04/2019 12:00 pm  #2

Re: Will Dayton take over Palumbo?

I'll be there wearing red.  It's our house.  Any Dayton fans wearing red will simply reinforce the home crowd.  We just need to be loud and make more noise than they do.

Also, 2 free tickets are available to Duquesne alumni for the game courtesy of the alumni office.  Visit the link below to get your free tickets and help keep them out of the hands of Dayton fans.  Even though I have season tickets I've claimed mine and will be giving them away to friends who will be cheering on the Dukes.
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EUPEEoTPQU6Vw432kLHrYWYf_r7xnLBMiJSVMMLIZSpUOUhNRUc3NkI5WEVOSUNEUU9FUFZKQU1JTS4u

3/04/2019 12:17 pm  #3

Its either gonna be Dayton or other schools who stick around for the women's tourney.  DU will probably have the least # of fans at the men's game.  

No effort seems to be taking place by the school to send the AJP off in any style.  There should be a reunion with guys like Pipkins, Alston, James, heck, maybe a quick video from TJ or RE and everyone's fav Danny Nee.  Maybe there is some farewell taking place, but nothing I have heard or seen.

Or it hasnt had many fond memories for anyone and they want to rip it apart ASAP????

Last edited by townsonkid (3/04/2019 12:18 pm)

3/04/2019 1:09 pm  #4

townsonkid wrote:

Its either gonna be Dayton or other schools who stick around for the women's tourney.  DU will probably have the least # of fans at the men's game.  

No effort seems to be taking place by the school to send the AJP off in any style.  There should be a reunion with guys like Pipkins, Alston, James, heck, maybe a quick video from TJ or RE and everyone's fav Danny Nee.  Maybe there is some farewell taking place, but nothing I have heard or seen.

Or it hasnt had many fond memories for anyone and they want to rip it apart ASAP????

They just had a reunion for the VCU game; too soon to have another.

3/04/2019 1:48 pm  #5

townsonkid wrote:

Or it hasn't had many fond memories for anyone and they want to rip it apart ASAP????

Bingo! You have to go back to the Civic Arena to get the kind of memories we're hoping for at the Coop! The Palumbo "pit of misery" won't be missed by many.

3/04/2019 3:18 pm  #6

Too bad there is a game the next day, or maybe in the weeks after, I'd like to rip a sign down or something for my man cave.

3/04/2019 4:05 pm  #7

Yes they will. Moreso than most years even. Oh well.

Thanks for the link. I'll be picking up 2 extra tickets for Saturday now

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/04/2019 7:47 pm  #8

townsonkid wrote:

I see the logic regarding teams sticking around and having more than Duquesne? I doubt that seriously.

3/04/2019 9:45 pm  #9

oleanisahellhole wrote:

It was very hard to get tickets in the A section, I hope that is a good sign.

Let me guess .... if your username is an indication .... you are not a fan of St Bonaventure?  😀

3/05/2019 6:30 am  #10

Box & One wrote:

oleanisahellhole wrote:

It was very hard to get tickets in the A section, I hope that is a good sign.

Let me guess .... if your username is an indication .... you are not a fan of St Bonaventure? 😀

And that was His/Her INITIAL Post -  Welcome to the Board - Post Early - Post Often - Post "Pro Dukes"

3/05/2019 9:59 am  #11

Hmm...if everyone put in for the two extra tickets...whether we used them or not...they wouldn’t go to the other guys.

3/05/2019 1:20 pm  #12

FAM wrote:

Hmm...if everyone put in for the two extra tickets...whether we used them or not...they wouldn’t go to the other guys.

Hmmm. if I were to buy four tickets and leave them at will call, is there anyone here who could guarantee me they would be used?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/05/2019 6:33 pm  #13

FAM wrote:

This doesn't feel right to me... I kinda like seeing Dayton fans walking out of Palumbo or Rooney for football after their team loses. 

Most of them are pretty decent folks but I've also had some very nasty reactions when I tried to wish them a pleasant drive home... I wasn't trying to rub it in one bit!

This game may be the best chance for a sellout and it would be a shame if some tickets didn't get used while some home fans not get in.

I did pass along the link for free Alumni tickets to all the Duquesne Alumni I know.

Last edited by coffee (3/05/2019 6:36 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/05/2019 6:40 pm  #14

There is also another offer for DU alums.  Two tickets for $19 plus beer

https://twitter.com/GoDuquesne/status/1102916672736899073

3/06/2019 12:34 pm  #15

Tejas_Duke wrote:

FAM wrote:

Hmmm. if I were to buy four tickets and leave them at will call, is there anyone here who could guarantee me they would be used?

Has anyone claimed this offer? I am interested

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/06/2019 4:01 pm  #16

yak-rbc wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

FAM wrote:

Has anyone claimed this offer? I am interested

Check you in box...

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/06/2019 4:28 pm  #17

Hold off on me for now, Tejas. My family who I thought would consider claiming them do not want them. They are still up for grabs

3/07/2019 6:05 pm  #18

VBC wrote:

I'll be there wearing red.  It's our house.  Any Dayton fans wearing red will simply reinforce the home crowd.  We just need to be loud and make more noise than they do.

Also, 2 free tickets are available to Duquesne alumni for the game courtesy of the alumni office.  Visit the link below to get your free tickets and help keep them out of the hands of Dayton fans.  Even though I have season tickets I've claimed mine and will be giving them away to friends who will be cheering on the Dukes.
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EUPEEoTPQU6Vw432kLHrYWYf_r7xnLBMiJSVMMLIZSpUOUhNRUc3NkI5WEVOSUNEUU9FUFZKQU1JTS4u

I've requested 2 tickets, but haven't heard anything yet. Getting concerned another administrative failure with ticketing is happening. Anybody else with similar experience? Suggestions?

3/07/2019 9:47 pm  #19

VBC wrote:

Haha. Love it VBC and you're right about red. The more wearing red the better and it is the noise level that we need to dominate! Lets Go Duquesne! Thanks for link too!

3/08/2019 12:38 am  #20

Westender wrote:

VBC wrote:

I've requested 2 tickets, but haven't heard anything yet. Getting concerned another administrative failure with ticketing is happening. Anybody else with similar experience? Suggestions?

So they definitely changed the form since it was originally linked here. I don't think they were expecting to get these so late in the season.

I had a mixup in mine anyway so I called the box office and had it squared away. Would recommend for you to do that as well

3/08/2019 8:22 am  #21

Thanks Yak.Guess that's what I'll have to do.

3/08/2019 8:29 am  #22

For the heck of it, I clicked on the link again and a page came up that indicated the Alummi ticket special had ended. That was not the case when I submitted my request earlier this werk.

3/08/2019 10:46 am  #23

I checked out what the seating chart looks like. All the 'A' sections are sold out as well as the entirety of the B side that faces the camera. There's about 1000 seats left in the end zones and about 200 in the other B sections.

Duquesne sent out an email that they're opening the dorms tomorrow morning (instead of Sunday morning like they normally would on spring break), which Ive begged them to do before. Hopefully that gets a higher student turnout

3/08/2019 11:17 am  #24

duq81 wrote:

Maybe we need to wear our blue this Saturday.

I agree, not red; I hate having to wear red anyway!  I like the blue uniforms better than red anyway.

3/08/2019 11:19 am  #25

yak-rbc wrote:

I checked out what the seating chart looks like. All the 'A' sections are sold out as well as the entirety of the B side that faces the camera. There's about 1000 seats left in the end zones and about 200 in the other B sections.

Duquesne sent out an email that they're opening the dorms tomorrow morning (instead of Sunday morning like they normally would on spring break), which Ive begged them to do before. Hopefully that gets a higher student turnout

As of yesterday they still had a two for the price of one ticket promotion going at the box office at Palumbo.  I know someone who bought them yesterday

Board footera