Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2019 2:14 pm  #1

Oh my!

Did UConn show up at Palumbo instead of Fordham?

3/09/2019 2:46 pm  #2

Re: Oh my!

Well, there is a silver lining. I was a little concerned this morning when I saw that once again the Penn State women's job is up for grabs. Not quite as worried now. 

3/09/2019 4:04 pm  #3

Well that was.... Brutal

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/09/2019 4:10 pm  #4

Sometimes you get the goat.  And sometimes the goat gets you.    Still proud of the way they turned season around. 

I thought all along that the winner of Fordham Duquesne would win the A10.   Nothing I saw today makes me believe otherwise.   Go Dukes

3/09/2019 4:29 pm  #5

11 in a row for Fordham who are very quick, confident and a great shooting group. Crowd gave the Dukes great support. 19-13 is a decent season. Coach has a scholarship or two so let’s see how he adds to next year’s roster.

3/09/2019 7:12 pm  #6

While giving Fordham credit for an INCREDIBLE shooting day -  I'll go out on a limb and say VCU will LOCK them down - Think they will be able to slow the pace down - pound the ball inside (know they had a miserable shooting day today)  and the physical toll they will place on Fordham will be enough.  Frequently after Richmond would look so good after playing DU they would have a clunker their next time out.  Think one of the commentators said something like they (VCU) are second in the NATION in scoring defense (or some other stat) 

AND since they (VCU) basically have their whole team back..

Shame for it to end for the seniors this way - Would be nice if they could get a CBI bid but am guessing they would have needed one or two more wins over the course of the season.

And while a LOT can happen between now and when practice starts in October - it appears the coaching staff will have plenty of work to do just have to have some faith in them and hope they can once again field a solid team.   

Still it's been a pretty good four years>>>>89 wins......

3/10/2019 8:49 am  #7

Brutal game to watch yesterday.  Fordham couldn't miss a shot, we couldn't make one & didn't rebound our misses, & Fordham's big early lead took the Duquesne crowd out of it & perhaps our ladies became a bit down in the mouth & lost confidence.  Stuff happens.  Still, I think it was a good season, & I don't see why the WNIT wouldn't come calling for the 3rd place team in the A-10.  There may still be some games at the old AJB yet.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna go to today's championship game anyway.  I'll save my Duquesne ball cap for the WNIT & wear a NY Yankees cap & root for Fordham.  I'd rather see a Catholic school win the tournament.

It was cool having the tournament here.  I had tickets to the whole thing but work got in the way.  I got to see the Fordham-UMASS game & both Duquesne games. Next time we host the tournament I'll be retired & see more games.

3/10/2019 10:09 am  #8

It would be hard to imagine a team as talented ( at least offensively ) as DU to play a 1st half as poorly as they did - but it happened.

Way too many open looks for Fordham. Almost every shot or pass for DU was heavily contested by Fordham.

One final note - while I am not a rabid follower like some on the board are ( SkepticAl and Spelman just to name 2 ) - props to these young ladies. 

While the season may not be what was expected record wise they competed - and at the end of the day that is all that can be expected.

With all the international recruiting Coach Burt does, it can't be  easy at age 18 or so to pick up and move to a foreign country , leave your family and friends behind , assimilate into a new culture , play major college hoops , all the while being a good student.

If this is truly the end of the season - oh well .  We'll get 'em next year !!!!

Board footera