Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2013 10:21 am  #1

Carly Vendemia transferred to ECU

What is up with that?  We needed her last year.

10/14/2013 11:35 am  #2

Re: Carly Vendemia transferred to ECU

I don't think she was anywhere near being able to play last year; but I suppose things have improved significantly in the last year.  She may have graduated and is taking advantage of the one year transfer rule that would allow her to transfer without sitting out a year.  I wish her well at ECU.

10/14/2013 4:18 pm  #3

Re: Carly Vendemia transferred to ECU

At the summer cookout for season ticket holders on June 26th, Coach Dan Burt mentioned that Carly graduated from Duquesne and was going to use her last year of basketball eligibility at East Carolina.  He wished her well.  I can't recall that he mentioned why she chose to transfer.  Perhaps her mobility was affected by the injury, and she felt that she might not get as much playing time at Duquesne this season as she might get at ECU.  I do remember that the broken bone(s) in her foot took at least two operations to heal.  

Carly always brought a great deal of enthusiasm to the court.  Had she been healthy for the last season, I believe her presence, particularly in rebounding, would have made the difference in the Dukes' record perhaps by increasing the number victories by two.  I wish her well and an injury-free season! 

Board footera