Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/28/2023 3:27 pm  #1

Football at SH

Big win.   Merrimack lost.   All other NEC teams have 2 losses.  Win the next 2 games and clinch another FCS spot and the final game at Merrimack means nothing

Last edited by DuqBlue (10/28/2023 3:38 pm)

10/28/2023 4:47 pm  #2

Re: Football at SH

Yeah, Merrimack losing is a big deal and puts the Dukes 100% in control of their destiny.

You love to see it. Throw one back for SFU.

Last edited by Face (10/28/2023 4:49 pm)

10/28/2023 5:01 pm  #3

Don’t let up.  We need to play for a higher seed as well. 

Good game today.  They took their foot off the gas again hut not nearly as bad as last week thank god.

They had Dambrot on at the half… good interview.

Last edited by coffee (10/28/2023 5:03 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

10/29/2023 12:41 pm  #4

The NEC continues to disintigrate. Sacred Heart and Merriimack both leaving the conference next year. This continues a trend which saw Bryant and RMU leave in recent years.

10/29/2023 2:59 pm  #5

Quick search says they’re headed to the MAAC, who hasn’t had football in 15 years. Is MAAC bringing it back (can’t imagine they are, that’s not a real question), or are these two teams keeping football elsewhere? From what I can tell that’s TBD, and it’s possible they’ll stick as football-only members in the NEC.

Last edited by Face (10/29/2023 3:10 pm)

10/31/2023 10:36 am  #6

The NEC has foolishly not allowed full sports NEC members to  leave the conference and still play NEC football.  Monmouth, RMU and Bryant all fall in that category.  Monmouth has moved up to CAA so they are good.  NEC should allow both schools to stay and invite RMU and Bryant back.  Both are in that horrible OVC/Big South merger.  And I believe would come back.

10/31/2023 11:35 am  #7

I would hope the NEC would look at what's going on and change their tactics this time. I don't know what Duquesne's thoughts are about their future in the conference, but I have to imagine that this continued disruption could convince DU to move on. Especially since the conference size puts the autobid at risk.

10/31/2023 12:53 pm  #8

Face wrote:

I would hope the NEC would look at what's going on and change their tactics this time. I don't know what Duquesne's thoughts are about their future in the conference, but I have to imagine that this continued disruption could convince DU to move on. Especially since the conference size puts the autobid at risk.

DU’s best option would be to get the other schools back in the NEC.  RMU is woefully bad in that OVC/Big South mashup.   DU would be as well.  CAA won’t take DU. Pioneer is non scholarship.   Patriot League only has five members that could be possibly the only option for DU.

DU needs the NEC to work.

10/31/2023 6:31 pm  #9

Patriot has 7, don’t they? Five core members and then Fordham and Georgetown are football-only.

10/31/2023 7:43 pm  #10

Face wrote:

Patriot has 7, don’t they? Five core members and then Fordham and Georgetown are football-only.

Yes, you are correct.  I meant 5 full members. They allow football only schools. The NEC allows DU but didn’t allow RMU.  Just stupid.

Last edited by DuqBlue (10/31/2023 7:43 pm)

Board footera