Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2024 5:16 pm  #1

Scoreboard watching

Women not getting any help as their bye week continues. VCU wins easily over LaSalle, St. Joes holds of Rhoddy, and Mason upsets Richmond in OT. Side note: Davidson, who had been competitive in the top half of the conference had to take a second loss by forfeit due to illness. 

2/25/2024 9:42 am  #2

Re: Scoreboard watching

They still control their own fate for the bye.   They have to win out which is a tall order with @ Richmond and home at St. Joes.    Mason and VCU play each other.

What makes it doubly tough is that Richmond and St Joes are fighting for at large spots.  And neither is guaranteed the bye either.  5 teams 4 spots.

2/26/2024 12:03 pm  #3

DuqBlue wrote:

They still control their own fate for the bye. They have to win out which is a tall order with @ Richmond and home at St. Joes. Mason and VCU play each other.

What makes it doubly tough is that Richmond and St Joes are fighting for at large spots. And neither is guaranteed the bye either. 5 teams 4 spots.

Going to be a wild finish.

2/26/2024 3:33 pm  #4

One of the reasons Davidson has tailed off somewhat is they lost one of their best players (Deegan??) for the season.   Last year several teams from the A-10 received bids to the WNIT -  don't know how much that might change with the new rules but if the team continues to play well even if they don't run the table in the league tourney perhaps they CAN get a post season invitation which would be rewarding for the senior class.

2/29/2024 1:31 pm  #5

Looking more and more like we're headed to the 5th seed, which actually isn't too bad of a spot to finish.

2/29/2024 3:34 pm  #6

MikeR wrote:

Looking more and more like we're headed to the 5th seed, which actually isn't too bad of a spot to finish.

The double bye is in Duquesne’s grasp as they control their destiny. Win Saturday against SJU and they get it. The hawks will be tough but they just got stunned by Fordham last night. Scenarios for the double bye linked below, like I said win and we get it, lose and we don’t:

https://x.com/a10talk/status/1763291418418651583?s=46

2/29/2024 4:32 pm  #7

BluffHunter wrote:

MikeR wrote:

The double bye is in Duquesne’s grasp as they control their destiny. Win Saturday against SJU and they get it. The hawks will be tough but they just got stunned by Fordham last night. Scenarios for the double bye linked below, like I said win and we get it, lose and we don’t:

Ah, I get it. Didn't realize the tiebreaker with SJU would be our win over Richmond. At least I think that's it.

2/29/2024 5:25 pm  #8

MikeR wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

MikeR wrote:

Ah, I get it. Didn't realize the tiebreaker with SJU would be our win over Richmond. At least I think that's it.

Yes.  That is the tiebreaker between SJ and DU.  Win against highest seed.

3/01/2024 6:00 pm  #9

The women actually do need some help tomorrow too:

https://x.com/a10talk/status/1763688987376369892?s=46

3/02/2024 6:17 am  #10

Davidson has announced they are cancelling their season due to numerous injuries and will not be playing in the A-10 Tournament -   They had gotten off to a fine start before all the injuries occurred

Board footera