Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2024 8:44 am  #1

Duquesne Women In NIT

What a season for Duquesne basketball. Go Dukes 🏀

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2024/03/18/duquesne-womens-basketball-to-play-in-wnit/

3/18/2024 8:54 am  #2

Re: Duquesne Women In NIT

Love it, women have a solid team this year, and I hope they can turn some heads in the NIT.

3/18/2024 5:03 pm  #3

Women have 1st round bye. Will meet winner of Buffalo/Monmouth. Not necessarily a home game.
Bracket, Round 1 matchups and times announced for 2024 Postseason WNIT - WNIT Pre and Post Tournament (womensnit.com)

3/18/2024 7:58 pm  #4

This is great news.  I thought I read last night they didn’t make it.

3/19/2024 3:24 pm  #5

MikeR wrote:

Women have 1st round bye. Will meet winner of Buffalo/Monmouth. Not necessarily a home game.
Bracket, Round 1 matchups and times announced for 2024 Postseason WNIT - WNIT Pre and Post Tournament (womensnit.com)

Why would it not be a home game if we are the team with the bye? Wouldn't that automatically make us the higher seed and have the first option to host? Are you saying maybe we would not host because our athletics department is wrapped up hosting men's NCAAs like when RMU hosted Kentucky several years ago?

3/19/2024 4:16 pm  #6

What you may have seen, DuqBlue, is that we didn't get into this new NCAA tournament with a similar name. I wasn't expecting to because the NCAA is so preoccupied with NET rankings and ours is 125. 
WNIT is still a good tournament. I noticed that they reduced the number of teams from 64 to 48 and the automatic qualifiers are all mid-majors, but there are 6 P-6 teams in the field.

BluffHunter, it's logical we should have right of first refusal for a home game. It's the least we can do to reward this team.

3/19/2024 6:53 pm  #7

BluffHunter wrote:

MikeR wrote:

Why would it not be a home game if we are the team with the bye? Wouldn't that automatically make us the higher seed and have the first option to host? Are you saying maybe we would not host because our athletics department is wrapped up hosting men's NCAAs like when RMU hosted Kentucky several years ago?

All I'm doing is pointing out what it says in the link. Home game not guaranteed.

3/20/2024 7:17 pm  #8

scduke wrote:

What you may have seen, DuqBlue, is that we didn't get into this new NCAA tournament with a similar name. I wasn't expecting to because the NCAA is so preoccupied with NET rankings and ours is 125. 
WNIT is still a good tournament. I noticed that they reduced the number of teams from 64 to 48 and the automatic qualifiers are all mid-majors, but there are 6 P-6 teams in the field.

BluffHunter, it's logical we should have right of first refusal for a home game. It's the least we can do to reward this team.

Thanks.  I didn’t realize that.

Board footera