Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2024 2:57 pm  #1

Signings

Multiple visits this weekend and yesterday..............when are we going to hear something?????  Getting anxious and excited!

4/16/2024 2:58 pm  #2

Re: Signings

Clarification, this past weekend.

4/16/2024 5:53 pm  #3

PistolPete wrote:

Clarification, this past weekend.

Most kids are weighing their options. I want the kids that think enough to come to a team that will take them in as a team player and not for their own goal only. You win as a team. You loose as a individual. Coach Dru has a lot of scholarships to hand out and he knows basketball. He likely can tell the difference,  I'm looking for 2 to 4 high level recruits Coach Dru is likely to land around six..  

Last edited by NapaDuke (4/16/2024 8:10 pm)

4/17/2024 7:27 am  #4

Saw a tweet last night about players riding recruits around in a golf cart on campus with the A10 trophy along with them.   Good plan!

4/17/2024 8:23 am  #5

townsonkid wrote:

Saw a tweet last night about players riding recruits around in a golf cart on campus with the A10 trophy along with them.   Good plan!

That would be a sight to behold!

4/17/2024 9:24 am  #6

PistolPete wrote:

Multiple visits this weekend and yesterday..............when are we going to hear something?????  Getting anxious and excited!

Who isn't!!!  I'm anticipating having a better team this coming season than this past year regardless of who we sign and when we sign them. Hope I'm right!!

4/17/2024 9:27 am  #7

The longer it goes without one of these guys committing the less likely it is one of them will commit.  KD used to get these guys to commit pretty quickly as he was a closer. I have heard Terry Weigand and another coach were fired.  This means there is a new group in charge of these visits and the pitch.  Terry seemed very experienced, the kids liked him, and he could relate to parents.  If this is true that two coaches were fired, this is a disappointment.

4/17/2024 9:43 am  #8

lakersnixon wrote:

The longer it goes without one of these guys committing the less likely it is one of them will commit.  KD used to get these guys to commit pretty quickly as he was a closer. I have heard Terry Weigand and another coach were fired.  This means there is a new group in charge of these visits and the pitch.  Terry seemed very experienced, the kids liked him, and he could relate to parents.  If this is true that two coaches were fired, this is a disappointment.

I agree that would be a disappointment.  I got to meet Terry a few times this past year and he was extremely personable and knowledgeable.  I wish they would update the fanbase regarding the coaching staff as I brought this up last week or two weeks ago on a post.  I was and am big fans of Rick McFadden and Terry Weigand.

4/17/2024 10:40 am  #9

lakersnixon wrote:

The coach not mentioned had a load of experience, including 6 trips to the NCAAs, one of which was the championship game under Calipari, and two to the NIT.

4/17/2024 4:08 pm  #10

Recruits get 4 visits so its kind of early for all the recruits to make a decision.Just need to be patient.Coach Dru working on recruiting and deciding on which coach will be on staff. Most of the 4 making a visit last week
are sought after by higher regarded schools.Imagine Dru is working a 16 hour day.

4/17/2024 4:14 pm  #11

Dru is a highly focused guy ,lots of energy and confident he is working extremely hard.Hes got a lot of work to do.

4/17/2024 4:32 pm  #12

Maby folks on this board called for Duquesne to focus recruiting efforts in northeast.Maybe COACH is working to get coaches well known in east to solve that issue to recruit there.

Board footera