Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2024 2:15 pm  #2

Re: Alex Williams Commits

Kid looks like he's put together in picture. Shot 40% from the 3 and made 7 of 9 one game.

4/26/2024 2:51 pm  #3

Here's the player's page from CBB at Sports Reference:

Alex Williams College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

4/26/2024 4:40 pm  #4

Great pickup he looks bigger than 6-5 but solid 235 lbs
40% 3 wow! He reminds me of former Duke Marcus Weathers!

Well one scholarship left or 2 ?
One for Center one for Bronny!!

I would think the Juco player maybe isn’t on scholarship?

Go Dukes

4/26/2024 5:08 pm  #5

This is not a complaint or a criticism. With some of these guys being seniors Dru is going to have to do this every year. 

Go Dukes

4/26/2024 6:00 pm  #6

Do any of these guys have a COVID year available?  The big guy from Michigan/Kansas is returning on a COVID basis.

4/26/2024 6:05 pm  #7

4/26/2024 7:08 pm  #8

Motor wrote:

Great pickup he looks bigger than 6-5 but solid 235 lbs
40% 3 wow! He reminds me of former Duke Marcus Weathers!

Well one scholarship left or 2 ?
One for Center one for Bronny!!

I would think the Juco player maybe isn’t on scholarship?

Go Dukes

When I first saw the picture I was thinking here's the first big.

4/26/2024 7:49 pm  #9

I thought two of those guys will be seniors next year, but I could be wrong.

4/26/2024 11:55 pm  #10

FAM wrote:

This is not a complaint or a criticism. With some of these guys being seniors Dru is going to have to do this every year. 

Go Dukes

True, but he cant risk a 10-22 first season either.  We all know we need shooters and handlers.   We got them now.

4/27/2024 12:43 am  #11

FAM wrote:

Yep, I think building a program, especially as a competitive  Mid- Major program, the transfer portal is probably the most powerful and essential recruiting tool available to Dru. We have entered a  new world where the basketball player should be consider and treated like a PRO... As true Professional (Athletes) with individual (contracts) that are negotiated between  the school and each individual player. Calling them  a " Student- Athlete" is a misnomer of  monumental proportions.....The sooner that we come to that realization the better.....

Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (4/27/2024 1:49 am)

4/27/2024 9:41 am  #12

Yeah I agree Cal.

Not a fan of the system at all, and I have a bad feeling it’s going to get worse, but I’ve said before I’ll support the Dukes because they’re the Dukes, not because of a system they’re forced to operate within.

But I hope it changes. When Nick Saban, who certainly had advantages when it comes to NIL and the portal, says it’s getting out of control, that’s quite the canary in the coal mine.

4/27/2024 2:51 pm  #13

Can someone post how many years of eligibility the guys we have signed have?  I think the kid from Marshall has 2 years, but I think the other 3 have only 1 year.  I agree with others who have posted that having a guy for more than just 1 year is better for continuity.  No question you will have some 1 years guys in this portal era, but I think only 3 guys should fall into that category.  Remember Dae Dae and Clark came here with 2 years of eligibility and I think that helped a lot with team chemistry.  

Board footera