Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2024 3:26 pm  #1

Old Dukes New Homes

Just saw these recent transfers:

Quincy McGriff-Alabama A&M
Jackie Johnson III-Fordham
Toby Okani-West Virginia!!!

Last edited by Duques102 (4/27/2024 3:26 pm)

4/27/2024 3:47 pm  #2

Re: Old Dukes New Homes

Duques102 wrote:

Just saw these recent transfers:

Quincy McGriff-Alabama A&M
Jackie Johnson III-Fordham
Toby Okani-West Virginia!!!

Thanks for this.  I am really interested to see Jackie play. To me, this was the most egregious misuse of a player in the KD era. Primo was able to do whatever he wanted and never got yanked but JJ never was given a chance to learn and looked lost out there. He would play two minutes, turn the ball over, and get benched for long stretches. Whether or not JJ could have become an impact player or not, it was his handling by KD juxtaposed with Primo’s that began to shed light on the possible toxic environment on that team. 

Im surprised Toby has excelled to be able to play at at power 5 school.  He always looked the part and seemingly had the right attitude but he was given every opportunity to succeed at DU and never seemed to put it together.

Glad we’ll get to see these guys again!

4/27/2024 5:12 pm  #3

I liked Toby.  He had the size and seemed to have the willingness to defend.  He could always block shots, but just needed to work on his own shot.  I hope he does well with WVU.

4/30/2024 9:07 am  #4

You forgot Tyson Acuff - Rutgers!

Board footera