Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2014 11:51 am  #1

So much for leaving to be "closer to home"

Last time I checked, Washington was more than a couple miles west of Milwaukee ...
 http://seattletimes.com/html/huskybasketball/2023392122_uwmen17xml.html?syndication=rss

I thought Winters was the best recruit Ferry brought in during his first year. Too bad he left. I think he would have helped a lot this past season. Wish him well in the Pac 10, or 100, whatever it is now. He'll get to play against TJ.

Maybe we should call it the Duquesne West Conference.

4/17/2014 3:27 pm  #2

Re: So much for leaving to be "closer to home"

"Q" was a nice shooter with a quick release and good size.  He ahd some strong games but was very inconsistent as a freshman; not unexpected. He still needed a lot of work putting the ball on the floor and getting to the basket.  He also struggled with defense and was too slow to guard the quicker two guards and couldn't handle bigger stronger forwards.  He will probably be used as a guy off the bench to come in and break a zone by hitting the three.  Could he have helped us last year; absolutely!

4/17/2014 8:29 pm  #3

Ole Q was on  a team that averaged about 90 points a game, so his 11 point average was less important than his 9 at Duquesne.

I don't think he liked the defensive requirements under Ferry, and he was a turnover prone passer.

Maybe he polished his game  at Indian Hills, and as all former Dukes I wish him well

A diehard fan since 1961

4/20/2014 6:55 pm  #4

Like rats deserting a sinking ship.

Board footera