Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2014 4:20 pm  #1

Please understand what I am about to say ...

I saw the link to this story, and I think this is one of the dumbest missives I have ever seen in my life. I am not referring to the name of the team, or the offense taken by anyone who would be offended, or the position taken in the editorial, or anyone's position on Dan Snyder. My point here is this: How much coverage does the Duquesne Duke actually give the NFL that this will have any impact? And why not devote editorial space to something meaningful to your reading audience?

http://www.duqsm.com/snyder-must-change-name-soon/

9/11/2014 6:19 pm  #2

Re: Please understand what I am about to say ...

I thought we were not allowed to post blogs or links that did not originate on this board? not hating ED just asking for clarification.

9/11/2014 7:09 pm  #3

No, we don't permit links to rival sites. The Duke isn't a rival site.

9/11/2014 8:34 pm  #4

Sarcasm. I'm a big fan.

9/12/2014 7:50 pm  #5

The story of DC beating cancer could have filled this space nicely, and reached an audience that is close to the brave young man.

9/12/2014 10:17 pm  #6

Indeed. Personally, I'm disappointed. Let's concede our opportunity to make a relevant statement and instead bllow PC crap.

9/13/2014 6:01 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Indeed. Personally, I'm disappointed. Let's concede our opportunity to make a relevant statement and instead bllow PC crap.

Well you just let your opinion be know about the Redskins name controversy.  Lol

9/13/2014 9:43 pm  #8

How so? I meant it in the sense of following the lead of other newspapers in doing something. Isn't that the essence of political correctness, doing it because everyone else does? Editorial space was wasted. Truth be told, I don't care about the controversy over the Redskins' name one way or the other. I'm more concerned about the thugs in the NFL beating their wives and children. 

9/14/2014 3:52 pm  #9

Okay. I thought you meant bilow PC crap as it pertains to the nickname.  Not running the story.

Last edited by duqkurt (9/15/2014 1:08 pm)

9/14/2014 6:57 pm  #10

Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. Apologies for any confusion.

Board footera