Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2015 11:17 am  #1

6-7, Nicola Akele to be visited by Ferry today

Good size for a SF that everyone thinks is one of our issues.

Also offered by South Florida.

4/20/2015 11:26 am  #2

Re: 6-7, Nicola Akele to be visited by Ferry today

That's on me WEB. I see it as an issue because we can't win with what we have. Here's some information about the kid: http://zagsblog.com/articles/recruiting-roundup-kentucky-looking-at-jamal-murray-nicola-akele-discusses-recruitment-myers-to-west-virginia/.

Sounds like he already knows our system: "Here basketball is different, its more one-on-one."

4/20/2015 2:02 pm  #3

ElDuque wrote:

That's on me WEB. I see it as an issue because we can't win with what we have. Here's some information about the kid: http://zagsblog.com/articles/recruiting-roundup-kentucky-looking-at-jamal-murray-nicola-akele-discusses-recruitment-myers-to-west-virginia/.

Sounds like he already knows our system: "Here basketball is different, its more one-on-one."

That's the wrong quote. This is the right one.

"A quality defender"    

Nicloa, welcome to the Bluff!!

4/20/2015 2:38 pm  #4

I can't wait for the weeping and gnashing of teeth for this one: I would guess that learning to defend the three at the A-10 level is different than being a 6-7 kid at that level and playing in the paint.

But Ferry in fact needs to bring in more players who will bring length, versatility and tenacity on defense. Our big guys all seem to be one-dimensional heading into next season, and while there's a nice mixture to choose from, there's no one who pulls the whole package together.

4/20/2015 3:05 pm  #5

Hey, I noticed John Mahoney (former Nee assistant at Duquesne) is a coach at IMG. When we recruited White from JUCO, Nee's son was his coach. Makes you realize how small the basketball coaching community is sometimes.

4/20/2015 10:16 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

Hey, I noticed John Mahoney (former Nee assistant at Duquesne) is a coach at IMG. When we recruited White from JUCO, Nee's son was his coach. Makes you realize how small the basketball coaching community is sometimes.

After Duquesne, Mahoney went to work for John Beilein at WVU and Michigan. 
And, ED, here's another example of the close knit coaching community - Big John Rhodes played for Danny at Ohio U. 
BTW - has anyone heard how Big John is doing in his health battles?

Board footera