Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2015 12:09 am  #1

Duquesne's 2015 Football Schedule is Set

The home opener will be against an NAIA team, Kentucky Christian.  Should the the Dukes be scheduling teams like this?  A very weak opponent followed by three good teams on the road:[size=75]http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=811857[/size] 

Last edited by godukes1970 (3/28/2015 12:12 am)

4/01/2015 2:23 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne's 2015 Football Schedule is Set

Maybe this team and Alderson Broaddus will end up on the men's basketball schedule too.

4/08/2015 11:57 am  #3

I am one of the few people that actually goes to football games and dont want to see them axed for bb.   Having said that, seriously, Kennedy Christian and Alderson Broaddus?    There weren't additional Pioneer, Southern Conference, or Patriot Leagues teams to play.   I can almost accept one as the opener. 

This athletic department just puzzles me over and over with the decisions they make.

4/08/2015 12:39 pm  #4

duqkurt wrote:

I am one of the few people that actually goes to football games and dont want to see them axed for bb. Having said that, seriously, Kennedy Christian and Alderson Broaddus? There weren't additional Pioneer, Southern Conference, or Patriot Leagues teams to play. I can almost accept one as the opener.

This athletic department just puzzles me over and over with the decisions they make.

This year's Dukes' schedule has three road games in a row against pretty good teams, and the Dukes needed a home game before hitting the road.  I understand that it was difficult to get any FCS team to come to the Bluff.  If the Dukes are going to play a non-FCS team, I would suggest a good D2 team, such as IUP.  This game would have some interest locally and would be somewhat of a challenge for Duquesne.  There would be the risk of the Dukes' losing, but that's where the challenge comes.  

It appers that the coaching staff wants to have these non-FCS teams spinkled throughout the schedule.  Please, no more of these cupcakes on any future schedules.  

Last edited by godukes1970 (4/09/2015 2:13 am)

4/17/2015 4:31 pm  #5

They're taking their lead from Ferry.

6/20/2015 2:44 am  #6

godukes1970 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I am one of the few people that actually goes to football games and dont want to see them axed for bb. Having said that, seriously, Kennedy Christian and Alderson Broaddus? There weren't additional Pioneer, Southern Conference, or Patriot Leagues teams to play. I can almost accept one as the opener.

This year's Dukes' schedule has three road games in a row against pretty good teams, and the Dukes needed a home game before hitting the road.  I understand that it was difficult to get any FCS team to come to the Bluff.  If the Dukes are going to play a non-FCS team, I would suggest a good D2 team, such as IUP.  This game would have some interest locally and would be somewhat of a challenge for Duquesne.  There would be the risk of the Dukes' losing, but that's where the challenge comes.  

It appers that the coaching staff wants to have these non-FCS teams spinkled throughout the schedule.  Please, no more of these cupcakes on any future schedules.  

Here's some good news about the 2016 Dukes' football schedule.  It will include the following OOC (all FCS) teams: Youngstown State (A), Dayton (H), Bucknell (H), Jacksonville (A), and Kennesaw State (H).  

Kennesaw State was originally a junior college and eventually became part of the University System of GA.  It is located 20 miles north of Atlanta.  It has 22,621 undergrads and claims to be the 3rd largest college in GA.  2015 will be the first season of football for the Owls (not particularly a unique college mascot), as new associate members of the Big South Conference (FCS).  (I believe that it is a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference for other sports.)  The Owls will play at Dayton, one of the Dukes' regular opponents, on Sept. 26th.  That game should give us a barometer of how good or bad the Owls should be.  The on-line photos of the university show that it has a new 8,500 seat stadium.  My guess is that the Dukes' game with the Owls is a one year deal. 

Last edited by godukes1970 (7/22/2015 2:55 pm)

Board footera