Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2013 9:51 pm  #76

Re: PSU 4pm next Sat

Steve, they're beating us in 2 out of every 3 games in which they play us according to your numbers. Where have I strayed from facts? They laid a major butt whuppin' on us this year in men's basketball. Embarrassed us, plain and simple. How is that my opinion? That's what happened.

I'm a huge NYY fan, but what you're saying is akin to me wanting to believe the Yanks were a better team than the Tigers because we have the bigger payroll, and ignore the fact that Detroit emasculated New York's hitters. I'm still a Yankees' fan, but I recognize that things have to change if NY is going to get back to the World Series.

As for Duquesne basketball, the only lack of enjoyment I ever have is over losing.

I hate to lose.

But I don't ever stop rooting for the program. It's really not fair to accuse me of such.

Last edited by ElDuque (1/01/2013 9:56 pm)

1/01/2013 10:53 pm  #77

ElDuque wrote:

As for Duquesne basketball, the only lack of enjoyment I ever have is over losing.

I hate to lose.

But I don't ever stop rooting for the program. It's really not fair to accuse me of such.

That was an overreaction on my part and I apologize for it.

Where is this 2 of 3 number coming from that you're citing? The 12-6-2 number?

Last edited by steve19981 (1/01/2013 11:00 pm)

1/02/2013 1:29 pm  #78

Don't know if Amodio is doing his job or not. Don't know what the A-10 will look like or whether or not we will be part of it. These are unknowns to me. What I do know is that, so far, Jim Ferry is doing his job with the talent at hand. He can defend the 3-ball or he can get more rebounds but with this group of players he will never, ever do both. He is not responsible for any of the past ills of Duquesne basketball. I will give him the benefit of any doubt until, say, his third season here. By then, I will expect to have seen three solid recruiting classes (hopefully more than 2 recruits for next year) and some on court results. I totally believe that will be the case. This negative talk gets pretty boring and should  be a moot point by Ferry's 3rd year if not by next season.

1/02/2013 6:03 pm  #79

president wrote:

Don't know if Amodio is doing his job or not. Don't know what the A-10 will look like or whether or not we will be part of it. These are unknowns to me. What I do know is that, so far, Jim Ferry is doing his job with the talent at hand. He can defend the 3-ball or he can get more rebounds but with this group of players he will never, ever do both. He is not responsible for any of the past ills of Duquesne basketball. I will give him the benefit of any doubt until, say, his third season here. By then, I will expect to have seen three solid recruiting classes (hopefully more than 2 recruits for next year) and some on court results. I totally believe that will be the case. This negative talk gets pretty boring and should  be a moot point by Ferry's 3rd year if not by next season.

Best post in this thread. If Ferry fails, Amodio should, and will pay with his job. If Ferry gets us to the dance, then Amodio will have made a gutsy, but probably correct move. If we stay at the same level, ugh, we'll be looking like the Pitt football message board.

1/02/2013 7:19 pm  #80

president wrote:

Jim Ferry is doing his job with the talent at hand. He can defend the 3-ball or he can get more rebounds but with this group of players he will never, ever do both. He is not responsible for any of the past ills of Duquesne basketball. I will give him the benefit of any doubt until, say, his third season here. By then, I will expect to have seen three solid recruiting classes (hopefully more than 2 recruits for next year) and some on court results. I totally believe that will be the case.

I agree with your post, however, no one is holding Ferry responsible for the past ills of Duquesne basketball. I think 3 years is reasonable to expect us to be competitive.  This thread has been mostly about his boss and his performance over the last 7 years.

Last edited by CLK (1/02/2013 7:24 pm)

1/02/2013 9:06 pm  #81

steve19981 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

I hate to lose.

That was an overreaction on my part and I apologize for it.

Where is this 2 of 3 number coming from that you're citing? The 12-6-2 number?

Si.

1/02/2013 10:11 pm  #82

Ooops major typo on my part. The line that reads

" If they did, Robert Morris would be doing better than 12-6-2 in all team sports over the past 3 seasons against us."

should read

"If they did, Robert Morris would be doing better than 6-12-2 in all team sports over the past 3 seasons against us."

Duquesne is leading in all sports 12-6-2 not the other way around. My bad.

1/03/2013 7:58 pm  #83

That's clearly better for us all-around, but they've been schooling us in hoops the past couple of years and the guy who can finally beat Robert Morris earned us the worst loss of all. Plus, you really can't overlook the NCAA appearances, lesser conference or not.

I hope that all changes as soon as next year.

1/04/2013 12:04 pm  #84

Tired of hearing about Robert Morris! If that's who we aspire to beat regularly, then we will not be aiming very high. Let's talk about Pitt. That's one I would really like to win sometime down the road. I can't forget the last time we played them at Palumbo. What a great game, but we still lost!
Better days coming.

1/04/2013 12:25 pm  #85

president wrote:

Tired of hearing about Robert Morris! If that's who we aspire to beat regularly, then we will not be aiming very high. Let's talk about Pitt. That's one I would really like to win sometime down the road. I can't forget the last time we played them at Palumbo. What a great game, but we still lost!
Better days coming.

I'm not worried about Bobby Mo, or Pitt. Let's become a serious contender in our league. If that happens, wins vs Pitt, and RMU will follow.

1/04/2013 1:07 pm  #86

duq81 wrote:

president wrote:

Better days coming.

I'm not worried about Bobby Mo, or Pitt. Let's become a serious contender in our league. If that happens, wins vs Pitt, and RMU will follow.

Let's first worry about beating Fordham on the road next week.

1/04/2013 8:34 pm  #87

We should be beating Robert Morris like a redheaded stepchild, not the other way around. It's a very relevant topic.

My feeling is if you can't beat them, you're going to have your hands full with VMI, Butler, Temple, St. Joe's, Xavier, Dayton ...

... AND Fordham.

Board footera