Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2015 10:21 pm  #26

Re: Mississippi Valley State..

Agreed, Web, that there's not much more to take from this game than a "W". They did their job. Next.

12/01/2015 10:58 pm  #27

Okay so whats the back up if Castro is a bust? Steal? One of the freshman? What I see from Castro is so ugly!

Roll Dukes Roll

12/01/2015 11:11 pm  #28

Could we please quit worrying about next year?  Isn't it much more enjoyable to savor some wins after the losses of the last three years to teams such as MSVU?  The Dukes beat a team that they could have by 40 points but for the mercy and sportsmanship of the coaching staff.  The Dukes did exactly what they should have against this team. They buried them and then let the walk-ons have some fun.  I have no gripe with what happened. It will forever be a W in the record books.  Now on to preparation for Pitt.  I am looking forward to this game with hopeful anticipation for the first time since the loss to Pitt when we couldn't hit a shot when Jamie Dixon went zone against the Dukes.

12/01/2015 11:13 pm  #29

if Castro doesn't produce, then I assume the backup for Smith would be Mike Lewis, our incoming Frosh.  Ferry did allude to him replacing Colter with the same type of style.  Littleston is obviously supposed to replace Mason, although I think that is easier said than done.  Lewis can be a nice wing player in the mold of Andrew Wiggins (lol, I just picked him since they are both from Canada).

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/02/2015 8:06 am  #30

grammudder wrote:

Could we please quit worrying about next year?  Isn't it much more enjoyable to savor some wins after the losses of the last three years to teams such as MSVU?  The Dukes beat a team that they could have by 40 points but for the mercy and sportsmanship of the coaching staff.  The Dukes did exactly what they should have against this team. They buried them and then let the walk-ons have some fun.  I have no gripe with what happened. It will forever be a W in the record books.  Now on to preparation for Pitt.  I am looking forward to this game with hopeful anticipation for the first time since the loss to Pitt when we couldn't hit a shot when Jamie Dixon went zone against the Dukes.

Gram,

I am worried about this year, what if Coulter goes down, Mason is good but not a point guard choice since he is so much better as  a 2

A diehard fan since 1961

12/02/2015 8:18 am  #31

Interesting Note:  Mississippi Valley State was the alma mater of NFL Hall of Famer, Deacon Jones.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/02/2015 8:53 am  #32

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Interesting Note:  Mississippi Valley State was the alma mater of NFL Hall of Famer, Deacon Jones.

And Jerry Rice.

12/02/2015 11:34 am  #33

Jordan robinson is extremely disappointing.. Kid just runs people over and it appears teams are knowing his tendencies and are just waiting for him to lower his shoulder and they take the charge. Just being big and having a basketball IQ of 3rd grader just shows you that you don't get very far in Division one basketball, especially in the Atlantic 10. James has been impressive, seems he is feeling comfortable in his role and he is a great cutter and can finish around the tin, and knows when to fire a 3. Yes rene does appear to move in slow motion but the kid has had open shots that he is not making, if he could make a few shots that would obviously help him and the team, they're definitely going to need a backup guard, i don't know if they can go 2 seasons in a row playing micah and Dc the entire game when the play good opponents. Looking forward to the Pitt game. Will be their best shot for a W under JF.

12/02/2015 7:06 pm  #34

HerbertHoover wrote:

Jordan robinson is extremely disappointing.. Kid just runs people over and it appears teams are knowing his tendencies and are just waiting for him to lower his shoulder and they take the charge. Just being big and having a basketball IQ of 3rd grader just shows you that you don't get very far in Division one basketball, especially in the Atlantic 10. James has been impressive, seems he is feeling comfortable in his role and he is a great cutter and can finish around the tin, and knows when to fire a 3. Yes rene does appear to move in slow motion but the kid has had open shots that he is not making, if he could make a few shots that would obviously help him and the team, they're definitely going to need a backup guard, i don't know if they can go 2 seasons in a row playing micah and Dc the entire game when the play good opponents. Looking forward to the Pitt game. Will be their best shot for a W under JF.

Well, during that scintillating 7-13 start last year Ferry almost never played him, after he missed the crucial first year.  

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/02/2015 8:30 pm  #35

Tejas_Duke wrote:

HerbertHoover wrote:

Well, during that scintillating 7-13 start last year Ferry almost never played him, after he missed the crucial first year.  

He started the first 3 or 4 games and couldn't do anything against division 2 opponents. He clearly had his chance taking consideration he Red shirted the 13-14 season, and had all this hype for his future in a dukes uniform.. I am not impressed thus far.

Board footera