Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/19/2013 10:57 pm  #26

Re: VCU

Guys I know this was a rough loss but I've seen VCU (or VMI, as I've been known to call them) a couple times already this year and they are capable of running anyone off the floor. We could've brought back Saunders, Clark, AJax and Monteiro for this one, and we still would've lost by double digits. Don't base anything on this game.

I think there's a lot of work to be done to get better. There is some legitimate help on the way next year, and hopefully a couple more to fill the other two scholies.

Look at the bright side: If you went to the game, you might've seen an Elite 8 or Final 4 team.

1/19/2013 11:47 pm  #27

VCU is the real deal.  They are big, balanced, can shoot lights out, and are very quick.  I think this is the style Ferry would like to have down the road.  They were effortless in eveything they did.  On a given night, this VCU team could easily handle Pitt, but maybe not every night.  They will be seeded high come March.  The Dukes played hard, but they were just beaten by a much better team.  The Atlantic 10 has a big time program in VCU.  Their small group of fans were even better than the Red & Blue crew.  They were loud, organized, and efficent.  They were what we want to be as a program.  I thought Bobby Mo shot unbelieveable threes, but these guys made everything look so easy.  It was like watching a pro team going about it's business.  I think the best way to sum them up was methodical, man they were good!

1/20/2013 6:25 am  #28

Ironduke81 wrote:

Great opportunity for the Dukes against VCU . Im sure Coach Ferry would prefer the national spotlight vs. games against the Fordhams RI GW.Basically the Dukes have nothing to lose. Remember REs first year vs. X ranked 9th. Go Dukes

Let's face it, we are Fordham or St. Bonn to 99% of fans who follow college basketball throughout the country. And, RI or GW at least register a pulse every few years. National spotlight, my tush!

1/20/2013 7:29 am  #29

"Look at the bright side: If you went to the game, you might've seen an Elite 8 or Final 4 team."

Yeah, that's the reason to attend games. Hey, I just saw a Final 4 team make our program look like it belongs in the women's league.

1/20/2013 8:13 am  #30

rittersdiner wrote:

"Look at the bright side: If you went to the game, you might've seen an Elite 8 or Final 4 team."

Yeah, that's the reason to attend games. Hey, I just saw a Final 4 team make our program look like it belongs in the women's league.

For last night, yes. For the future, we all hope that's not the case.

1/20/2013 12:19 pm  #32

We were absolutely punished by a much, much better team last night. 

We are years away from being at VCU's level.

I really hope that Jim Ferry has the ability to get us to VCU's level.

1/20/2013 12:47 pm  #33

Phildog wrote:

duq81 wrote:

VBC wrote:

That 50 point beating Camby & freinds gave us at Palumbo still stings.

I don't hold out much hope for tonight's game but I'll be there rooting for an upset.

I remember them putting a whipping on Pitt during that same time.

i was at the Umass 50 point blow out, only 50 because Cal had third stringers in before halftime, this was the only game of many hundreds I went to over the years that I ever left at halftime.

What I remember most about that game was U Mass's twelfth man  (literally the last guy to get in the game) was a 7 foot center that Carroll would have given his eye teeth to have on his team.  Depth!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/20/2013 12:51 pm  #34

rittersdiner wrote:

Bright side?  Had we been able to get a win or two against the Fordhams and the St. Joes  (the level we hope to attain this year) then this wouldn't hurt as much.   But no!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/20/2013 3:41 pm  #35

ElDuque wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

For last night, yes. For the future, we all hope that's not the case.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  What's this talk of the future?!  Everyone knows you are supposed to be negative 98% of the time!

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/20/2013 3:51 pm  #36

Simms, I always had a sunny outlook when Dudey coached here.

1/20/2013 8:19 pm  #37

Speeding up is what happens as players move to higher levels of competition. So too with teams. This young squad just tasted that and got pasted by an excellent and very high tempo team. Young teams can learn pretty fast and take steps forward when encountering the need to do so, and so there is a good chance that this blowout will be helpful. I don't think we will have to endure any more games as bad as this.

1/20/2013 10:20 pm  #38

Oh, I don't know about that......Butler still looms ahead on the schedule. Could be another pasting like last night.

1/21/2013 11:33 am  #39

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Bright side?  Had we been able to get a win or two against the Fordhams and the St. Joes  (the level we hope to attain this year) then this wouldn't hurt as much.   But no!

Anyone thinking we'd be at St. Joe's level this year was close to delusional.  They were the preseason favorite to win the A10.  We played about as best we could against them, on our court, and still lost...

Board footera