Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2013 12:57 pm  #1

1/26/2013 2:20 pm  #2

Re: Dayton Gane

It is on PCNC.  Comcast 35 for me.

1/26/2013 4:22 pm  #3

Jerry Jones has replaced Marhold in today's game suspension news.

1/26/2013 5:25 pm  #4

We're getting smoked by Dayton and Colter is 0-10 shooting. Dayton has hit 14 FTs so far and we've hit 5.

Ugh.

1/26/2013 5:34 pm  #5

Binney's been a bright spot today. He has 12 points so far.

1/26/2013 6:27 pm  #6

Gee, they lost. 

1/26/2013 8:10 pm  #7

Why didn't Jerry Jones play? Did he not demonstrate junior leadership?

1/26/2013 10:23 pm  #8

Colin Dunlap‏@colin_dunlapDuquesne has lost 9 of last 10 and hasn't won an Atlantic 10 game. Good thing Greg Amodio fired Ron Everhart, huh?

Colin Dunlap‏@colin_dunlapIn 8 home games at Palumbo (not those at CONSOL) Duquesne has topped 2,900 in att once. Firing Everhart hasn't sparked excitement or wins.

Colin Dunlap‏@colin_dunlapIn short, one can make point Everhart could/should have been axed at Duquesne. But, Ferry has not been upgrade in wins/program buzz.

1/26/2013 11:50 pm  #9

C'mon CLK, of all the people on this board, I'd never expect for you to be quoting Dunlap. I wouldn't quote him if he told me the sun was going to rise today, and you know why.

1/27/2013 9:03 am  #10

While I found it to be interesting that ol' Dunlap seemed to have information about McConnell, Everhart, and the coaching search, I can't get the great sneaker witch hunt out of my mind. Or the silly games he played on the Voy board.

1/27/2013 11:57 am  #11

Everything Colin tweeted is the absolute truth.   I think the same things he tweeted. Dunlap and Amodio never got along.   So I was expecting Dunlap to stick a knife in Amodio and twist it.  Actually, I hope if it gets Greggy out of DU a minute sooner Im all for it. 

And I'm not the only fan that feels that way.  

And it does seem that both Dunlap and Amodio have a couple of things in common. Both petty and thin skinned. 

Last edited by duqkurt (1/27/2013 12:09 pm)

1/27/2013 12:30 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

C'mon CLK, of all the people on this board, I'd never expect for you to be quoting Dunlap. I wouldn't quote him if he told me the sun was going to rise today, and you know why.

You are right my friend, sorry.  Hard to argue with what he said though. Here is the thing... everyone recognized that this was going to be a down year, but after the WVU win and the better than expected start there was some hope this team would not finish last in the A10.  The question now is will this team win again this year?  To do so this team needs to start showing some signs of life, and to me a good part of that is on the coach.  I understand that the coach does not miss layups or free throws, but I am tired of hearing "we need to get better" and seeing the team continue to make the same mistakes.  At the beginning of the season you and I agreed the thing we wanted to see was this team improve as during the season, where they are a better team at the end of the season to give us some hope for next year.  At this point, I am not seeing it, however the season is not over and he may yet turn it around and win some games.  I hope so.  Perhaps I am being a little hard on Coach Ferry, but the bill of goods that was sold was he was an upgrade. 

Last edited by CLK (1/27/2013 12:33 pm)

1/27/2013 12:47 pm  #13

CLK wrote:

The question now is will this team win again this year?  To do so this team needs to start showing some signs of life, and to me a good part of that is on the coach.  I understand that the coach does not miss layups or free throws, but I am tired of hearing "we need to get better" and seeing the team continue to make the same mistakes......  Perhaps I am being a little hard on Coach Ferry, but the bill of goods that was sold was he was an upgrade. 

I agree with everything you say here CLK.

1/27/2013 7:09 pm  #14

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

You are right my friend, sorry.  Hard to argue with what he said though. Here is the thing... everyone recognized that this was going to be a down year, but after the WVU win and the better than expected start there was some hope this team would not finish last in the A10.  The question now is will this team win again this year?  To do so this team needs to start showing some signs of life, and to me a good part of that is on the coach.  I understand that the coach does not miss layups or free throws, but I am tired of hearing "we need to get better" and seeing the team continue to make the same mistakes.  At the beginning of the season you and I agreed the thing we wanted to see was this team improve as during the season, where they are a better team at the end of the season to give us some hope for next year.  At this point, I am not seeing it, however the season is not over and he may yet turn it around and win some games.  I hope so.  Perhaps I am being a little hard on Coach Ferry, but the bill of goods that was sold was he was an upgrade. 

CLK, we've been going at it lately, but I hope you take it in the spirit of feisty debate that it's given. It's tough being a Duquesne fan, and it's very hard being told to be patient again, but Ferry is here, and we have to see how things will unfold. Sports in this town is very schizo. It makes me sick hearing fans of the Pens, Pitt hoops, and especially the Steelers, whine and complain about every little thing. Try being a fan of the Dukes, or Pirates, or Pitt football. Well, at least none of our coaches are out there abusing children, and having it covered up.

1/27/2013 8:24 pm  #15

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

CLK, we've been going at it lately, but I hope you take it in the spirit of feisty debate that it's given. It's tough being a Duquesne fan, and it's very hard being told to be patient again, but Ferry is here, and we have to see how things will unfold. Sports in this town is very schizo. It makes me sick hearing fans of the Pens, Pitt hoops, and especially the Steelers, whine and complain about every little thing. Try being a fan of the Dukes, or Pirates, or Pitt football. Well, at least none of our coaches are out there abusing children, and having it covered up.

Absolutely, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me.  Again I am commenting on what I have observed, and expressing my opinion. There are some folks in the twitter universe who use to constantly point out Ron's coaching short falls, but now think any criticism of Ferry's coaching is unfair.  The way I see it, if Ferry is going to hold his players publically accountable, then there should be no problem in him being held accountable to do his job. He is not a student athlete, he is a high priced coach who was hired as a next level coach.  If that is the case, and he is an upgrade over what we had, then we should see a difference in better game day coaching.  When I watched the Penn State game (for example), however, and saw this Colella kid, who torched us for several treys already during the game, camping out in front of our bench uncovered getting an inbound pass and draining yet another trey I got to question the coaching.  I understand that my comments may be grating on some, and out of respect for other posters on this board who see things differently, I will try to refrain from commenting on Ferry's coaching.  Note I said try.

Last edited by CLK (1/27/2013 8:28 pm)

1/27/2013 9:33 pm  #16

Winning cures a lot of short comings, I don't see it this year. Keep posting CLK, u have great insight.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/28/2013 11:41 am  #17

This is just another case of Dunlap trying to create controversy where it doesn't exist.  Everyone knew from the start, this was going to be a rough season; whether Everhart, or Ferry, or anyone else would have been coaching this team.  Dunlap is kind of pathetic, in that he really has little insight into the strategy of the games, so he is limited to this kind of garbage.  Paul Zeise  made Dunlap look like a clown last night on the Sunday Sports Call on Channel 2.  Dunlap had nothing to say to defend his attacks on Duquesne and Coach Ferry, so he started spouting off this nonsense about Orlando Antigua sitting on the bench of the National Champions last year.  Ridiculous!

1/28/2013 1:16 pm  #18

Zeise is a good reporter.

Board footera