Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2013 11:31 am  #1

Interesting Quote!

Jake Ouimet, the former head men's soccer coach left Duquesne as a head coach, and returned to GW as an associate head coach. I'm not good at linking so if you want google Jake Ouimet soccer, and click on the GW announces page, and you can read it for yourself. Any way here was his quote.

" It's an exciting time to be involved with GW athletics, and I look forward in being a part of it," Coach Ouiment said. " The positive culture being created within the athletics department is tremendous. The environment for supporting successful teams and student athletes on and off the playing field is a winning formula for the future".

Just my opinion, but it seem's like he was fed up with the Amodio culture here at Duquesne.

1/30/2013 11:35 am  #2

Re: Interesting Quote!

Did he resign or was he asked to resign or be fired?     He was not very sucessful at DU.

1/30/2013 11:36 am  #3

Our AD page said he resigned, who really knows in Amodioville

1/30/2013 1:41 pm  #4

Or it could be just that GW is firmly committed, especially now that they hired Randy Levine, a president of the Yankees to look at their sports.  Following his hiring, he was a chair on a committee of trustees for the University.  Among the positives for soccer at GW are that they'll replace the soccer field every 10 years, something which we wouldn't - and perhaps rightfully so - do at Duquesne.  They're also trying to budget getting lights for the soccer field at GW, and from what I'm hearing are likely to get that done so that the team could practice at night if it's more convenient.  I'm not sure how the overall budget is, but looking at those two items I'm guessing GW is more committed to soccer than we are, and we may be looking more at basketball and football.  (GW doesn't have football as a sport to take away resources that we're devoting there.)

I wouldn't try to read too much more into it than that.

Last edited by rogabee (1/30/2013 1:43 pm)

Board footera