Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2016 9:09 pm  #1

Women's Soccer Team Wins unprecedented 5th A-10 game in a row

First of all, I wish to ask the administrators of this forum to establish a category for all Dukes' sports other than women's b-ball, men's b-ball and football. I'm sorry that I'm using the football site to discuss women's football (soccer in the USA).  

The women's team won their 5th A-10 game in a row by beating George Mason, 1-0, in OT.  The winning goal was scored by Abby Losco.  The Dukes, 9-3-2 (5-0), remain in first place.  St. Joe's, 11-1-2 (4-0-1), and St. Louis, 11-2-1 (4-0-1) are tied for 2nd place.  Several other A-10 conference games were in progress as I wrote this so I'm unable to post the complete standings.  Nonetheless Duquesne' women's soccer team has sole position of 1st place in the A-10 no matter of the outcomes of the other games tonight.  Congratulations on the big road victory!  

Next up for the Dukes will be a match-up with #2 St. Joe's at Rooney Field on Sunday, October 16th at 1 pm.  

Last edited by godukes1970 (10/13/2016 10:48 pm)

10/13/2016 10:37 pm  #2

Re: Women's Soccer Team Wins unprecedented 5th A-10 game in a row

There's 10 games in an A10 season, and there's three teams competing for the top seed who are all undefeated halfway through

Duquesne 5-0
St. Joe's 4-0-1
St. Louis 4-0-1

This makes the Duq-SJU game on Sunday colossal. Beyond that, Duquesne does not face SLU in the regular season, but St. Joes does.

Duquesne has outscored its opponents 17-3 after halftime this year and, as a friendly reminder, are the defending A10 tournament champs..

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/14/2016 1:40 pm  #3

It should also be noted that, before Wednesday night's stinker, the men's team had a seven game shutout streak. Good to see many of our Olympic sport teams continue to succeed.

10/14/2016 3:11 pm  #4

Good to see the women's men's soccer teams doing well.  I watched the women win the A-10 title last year, and would love to see it again. 
I agree, if we could get a separate page to post about sports other than basketball and football, it would be a nice addition. 

10/15/2016 2:58 pm  #5

Today, men's soccer just took down what is usually one of the better A10 teams in VCU. Those Dukes are now 2-1-1 and are 6-0-1 at home.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/15/2016 5:00 pm  #6

I starting watching this afternoon's soccer game mid-way through the 2nd period.  The Duquesne announcers were not shy about saying that up to about the last 10 minutes in the 2nd period the Dukes were outplayed by VCU and looked tired, but the score still remained 0-0.  They pointed out the rather remarkable success that the Dukes had in OT at Rooney Field this season which gave some hope that if the Dukes could keep the score a tie through the end of regulation, they just might pull a win out of their ***.  Well the Dukes got lucky when awarded a penalty kick 3 minutes into the OT.  Diego Vieira buried his penalty kick in the right side of the goal as VCU's goal keeper mistakenly tired to anticipate the ball's path to the left side. Dukes win 1-0.   

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-soccer/recaps/101516aab.html

Board footera