Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/30/2016 3:04 pm  #1

Soccer Updates: Halloween Weekend

The women's team redeemed themselves this week with their performance. They'll head into the A10 Tournament with some much need momentum after a mid-season skid.

On Thursday night, the Dukes welcomed Dayton. The Flyers have Duquesne's number in most sports, but in women's soccer its been pure torture; The Dukes only had 1 win (1999) and 1 tie (last year's A-10 QF) in 18 matches against Dayton.

No time was wasted as Katie O'Connor sent a nice through ball to Linnea Facenda in the 6' who calmly buried it on her second touch on a mini-breakaway. O'Connor leads the A10 in assists with 8( and leads the team with 6 goals). They almost did it again 25 minutes later the exact same way. The goalie came out to put pressure on Faccenda, and the shot seemed to roll for an eternity before hitting the post and being cleared away. At 69', primary set piece taker Jorden Thornton sent a free kick from the left corner deep into the box, where it ping-ponged around for several seconds before Malea Fabean finally got enough of a touch to put it in, and that was all the insurance the Dukes needed to win 2-0.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Today on senior day, heavy rains played a factor throughout the day against LaSalle, who were fighting for their playoff lives and needed a win to stay alive.

Duquesne was safely in as a top 4 seed, and on top of tired legs from the Thursday midweek match, the lineup consisted nearly entirely of seniors throughout the match instead of the normal starters.

It paid off as senior Cydney Staton, who primarily had only come off the bench her entire career, scored her first two goals since 2014, including the game-winner with only 4 seconds left in 2OT to clinch the win over LaSalle.

The Dukes finish the regular season 11-5-3 (7-2-1). It's their best regular season overall record and best A-10 record ever. The Dukes will be #3 seed and play George Washington on Thursday @ 8:00 in Rhode Island

Last edited by yak-rbc (10/30/2016 3:27 pm)

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

10/30/2016 3:25 pm  #2

Re: Soccer Updates: Halloween Weekend

The men's team drew away at Dayton on Saturday, moving them to 8-3-5 (3-1-3) on the year. The point clinched a spot in the A-10 tourney, while the draw left Dayton's hopes of making the playoffs on life-support, as they sit in 11th place. Duquesne had not taken a point against Dayton since 2006.

The Dukes sit in 4th place, and after the games on Saturday could end up anywhere from 2nd-8th. They play Rhode Island at home on Senior Night Saturday 11/5. Rhode Island is 3-4 and sit in the all-important 8 seed.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera