Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2016 1:08 am  #1

Most interesting stat of Wed. evening: Palumbo vs PPG Paints Arena

I think that one of the most interesting sports statistics of Wednesday night was the attendance at PPG Paints Arena where Robert Morris beat Buffalo, 74-71, and drew a reported attendance of 506.  No more than 1 and 1/2 blocks away at the same time the Duquesne women's basketball team played against #3/#4 ranked Maryland at the Palumbo Center and had a reported attendance of 1,288.
My questions are these:

1.  Does it make any sense for Robert Morris to schedule any of its future home basketball games at the PPG Paints Arena given this pathetic draw of 506? 

2. Has it ever happened before in Pittsburgh that on the same day where a women's basketball team draws well more than twice that of a men's basketball game?  

Last edited by godukes1970 (12/22/2016 1:10 am)

12/22/2016 5:58 am  #2

Re: Most interesting stat of Wed. evening: Palumbo vs PPG Paints Arena

Well, you'd think Duquesne could have filled half of PPG, but who wants to see an uncoached team?

PS, our women's team is the best team in the city again this year, men or women.

12/22/2016 6:24 am  #3

Ladies had one bad quarter last night - were down 2 after the first quarter -  think they had 2 points in the second quarter (a lay up by Paige Cannon with like 10 seconds left)  Amadea had a decent game overall - Chassidy had a decent game and Juliana dropped some monster threes towards the end - but Maryland was just too good and too athletic.  Team REALLY needs Kadri-Ann to get going she was on the All Freshman Team last year and is struggling with her shooting -  Still in her corner though -  last year it was her as a Freshman who told Amadea  (the junior) before the UCONN game "No One is Unbeatable"and after the loss at GW at home she said something along the likes "IF we had made our shots we could have won"  THIS is the kind of player to follow into the foxhole!!!!

Hopefully the ladies have an excellent Christmas come back Thursday and beat their "next opponent" (whose name temporarily escapes me)

12/22/2016 9:49 am  #4

If you remove the 3 Rivers Classic, which is RMU hockey's equivalent to the City Game, RMU hockey/basketball has had 3 events in PPG this year, and an average of about 700 fans in each game showed up.

I don't know what point they're trying to prove by playing there, but it's not working for them.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera