Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2017 8:00 pm  #1

Dukes at LaSalle

The Dukes trail, 32-30, at the half.  Dukes had 7 turnovers to LaSalle's 2.  I was unimpressed with the Dukes play.  They should be able to put this team away by double figures.  It seems that playing a very difficult non-conference schedule has not resulted in the Dukes success against A-10 teams of much lesser quality than the non-conference competition, such as Fordham and LaSalle so far.

1/05/2017 8:23 pm  #2

Re: Dukes at LaSalle

Dukes had the lead up to 9 points in the 3rdQ.  The Dukes lead, 54-49 at end of this Q.

1/05/2017 8:31 pm  #3

Omogrosso leads all scorers with 16 pts.  Dukes lead, 61-51, with 6 minutes to go in 4th Q.

Last edited by godukes1970 (1/06/2017 12:38 am)

1/05/2017 8:46 pm  #4

dang, i wish i remembered to check their road schedule more often...go dukes

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/05/2017 9:01 pm  #5

Dukes win their first A-10 game of the season, 76-68!  5 Dukes in double figures: Omogrosso: 18 pts., 2 rbs., 6 assists, 0 TO; Szamosi: 14 pts., 6 rbs., 0 TO; Lass: 13 pts., 7 rbs., 2 assists, 0 TO, 1 block;  Vojinovic: 13 pts, 2rbs. 4 assists, 2 TO; and Aho: 11 pts., 3 rbs., 2 assists, 1 TO. 

Dukes had a great night at the 3 pt. line going 9 for 18 (50%).  LaSalle made 4 of 12 (33.3%).  Dukes outrebounded LaSalle, 38-31.

Dukes also led in technical fouls: 1 on the bench!

Last edited by godukes1970 (1/06/2017 9:43 am)

1/05/2017 9:28 pm  #6

Look at all the players with ZERO Turnovers!!  Thought I saw somewhere someone from LaSalle lead the league in Steals.  ABSOLUTELY GREAT to see the Ladies break out of the shooting slump -  That should put Amadea at 1,001 points for her career.

BEAT DAVIDSON THIS SATURDAY!!!

1/05/2017 9:41 pm  #7

No doubt this was the best shooting that the team has shown all year. Nina seemed to understand the speed of the game more and the sophomores seemed to not hurry as much in the second half. The game turned in the third quarter when the Dukes started to run and seemed to add a little wrinkle to the zone D. With five in double figures, maybe the flow on offense will be better for the team. The loss of Sole hurts. In time, Pier-Samson might be the best option. A road win, nonetheless. Nicely done, Dukes!

1/06/2017 5:12 am  #8

The MAIN reason I'm looking forward to Judith Sole's being able to play is that with her size she can give Amadea a break in guarding the other team's center -  She looks stronger than Amadea -  At the last two home games (and throughout her career) Amadea has had to guard players bigger and heavier - The one from Pitt looked to be about 3 inches 30 pounds heavier -  same for the one from GW - this can take a physical toll - just trying to box them out -  AND Amadea can be the last line on defense - sometimes trying to take charges/block shots when players have gotten past their defender. THAT is also a reason Angelina and Paige seem to be better options than Pier-Samson at this point.  

ANY win on the road is a GOOD ONE!!!

1/06/2017 6:55 am  #9

My confidence level in this program has never wavered. I knew that losing an all-conference player and another senior who was playing at the same level would have to result in something of a backward step, but Dan Burt has such a strong collection of talented players and he's given them a tough schedule to help them mature that as the season would go on they'd get progressively better.

Really proud of this program!

1/06/2017 11:20 am  #10

SkepticAl wrote:

That should put Amadea at 1,001 points for her career.

BEAT DAVIDSON THIS SATURDAY!!!

997*. so let's go watch her break it on saturday

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

Board footera