Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2017 10:01 am  #1

Women vs Dayton

The women take on Dayton tonight at Palumbo.  The Flyers beat GW Sunday and this is a chance for the Dukes to move into the top 4 in the league. The team is playing better ball! Go Dukes.

Last edited by HookShot (1/10/2017 10:02 am)

1/10/2017 11:16 am  #2

Re: Women vs Dayton

Go Dukes!

1/10/2017 9:55 pm  #3

i hate dayton. lots of TOs. the dukes were not meant to win that game, the team did not look very good and dayton made a ton of shots. you could sense it in the first half that the game was slipping away like against GW, the only difference being Juca made those 2 insane 3's to keep the game close and keep momentum for a little bit longer. Chassidy had another great game, too.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/10/2017 9:56 pm  #4

Dayton shot lights out for part of the third and fourth quarters -  Lady Dukes just missed too many shots from in close -  Hopefully they turn it around a little against U Mass over the weekend.

1/11/2017 8:21 pm  #5

Watched the game yesterday.  Don't know much about basketball, but I think the team needs to work on defense.  I think Coach Burt needs one of his players from the back court to become a leader.  I see that someone put that Chassidy had a good game and scored a lot of points.  That's great, but I think the Coach would rather have the win.  Right now looking at the A-10 standings, you have to put 4 teams ahead of Duquesne.  I think that Amadea is doing a great job trying to be a leader.  Talking to her teammates. We need people to follow. I know that Coach Matt will get the offense going, but someone needs to get the defense going.  I was always taught the defense wins games.  Go Dukes.

1/12/2017 5:11 am  #6

DuqBeach -  Different things go into being a leader -  Forceful Personalities might be better leaders than quiet types -  Seniors (as Amadea) might be more likely to be leaders than sophomores (Chassidy & Julijana) or freshmen (Nina) who get most of the playing time in the back court.  And sometimes the leadership might be most evident in the locker room/off the court and we are not privy to that.  

The mention of "Chassidy had a good game and scored a lot of points"  EVERY MEMBER - PLAYERS COACHES AND FANS PREFER WINS -  It could simply have been searching for a positive for the night.

Board footera