Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2017 1:05 pm  #1

@ UMass

At halftime, UMass is up 43-32. The big turning point in the game was when UMass finished the 1Q on a 13-4 run to blow the game open a bit.

Judith Sole made an appearance.

Two big issues were UMass FT%, going 14-15, and TOs, which UMass has forced 9 while only committing 3.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/15/2017 2:33 pm  #2

Re: @ UMass

Women did not play well today. Their defense was non-aggressive and allowed far too many open shots. Shot selection continues to be problematic. I love that Coach gives all the option, but the Dukes are shooting only 35% for the year. Coach also says he can live with 12-14 turnovers, but some of the passing is just horrendous. Keep pushing to get better, ladies. Sole played one minute, had 2 rebounds, 1 defensive step-up and got Euro-Stepped once. Hopefully she is getting closer to some decent minutes. Go Dukes!

1/17/2017 10:41 am  #3

I believe the players are trying their best, but: 1) this is not the same team that won 28 games last year and won their first NCAA tourney game.  They lost three critical players, including two all-conference selections and a team leader (Robinson); 2) the current line-up does not appear able to consistently compete with A10 teams.  I am hoping that Judy Sole continues to get into game-shape and gradually gets more playing time.  My opinion only, but Duquesne's best chance to finish strong is a 6'3 front line  of Lass, Szomasi, and Sole - giving the Dukes more of an inside presence and easing the defensive pressure on the guards.

1/17/2017 9:50 pm  #4

I do agree with what Speriman said.  I think Sole will be a contributor once she gets in shape.  First, we really have to work on our defense.  We are giving up too many easy buckets from kids driving to the basket.  Offense, we aren't running our play crisp.  Last year Robinson made everybody better on the team.  She was a pass first and score second.  I think this team will grow over time to get better.  I think the Coaching staff will figure this out over time. You lost 3 huge starters last year.  That's not easily overcome.  
I know that we don't talk about Millie much, but she did a great job at her position and deserves some of the credit.  Go Dukes!

Board footera