Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2017 7:43 pm  #1

St Louis

They were the pre season choice to win the A-10 -  Ladies will need to bring their A Game -  COME ON LADIES -GET IT DONE -  Beat the Lady Billikens and go from there!!!

1/18/2017 8:55 pm  #2

Re: St Louis

Great game tonight!  It was nice to see the team play as a team.  It will be a long ride back home for St. Louis.  Amadea and Julijana both had super games.  They scored half the points.  Keep the momentum going.  Go Dukes!

1/18/2017 9:44 pm  #3

i would say they brought their A game. the first half was 20 minutes of perfectly played basketball. That is a very good team that they just hung 94 points on.

that was the dukes i love

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/18/2017 9:50 pm  #4

WOW!!  For 20 Glorious minutes EVERYTHING went Right!!! The lay ups (especially for Amadea that had been seemingly spinning out most of the year stayed in tonight -  Julianna did A STEPH CURRY IMITIATION!!!  She was dropping them from EVERYWHERE -  RARELY touched the rim Chassidy pulls a "Globetrotter Special" at the end of the first half - she was beyond half court - let it fly - it actually seemed to spin out enough that there was a groan - and then dropped back in -  Refs confirmed it beat the buzzer - put them up 55-25.   Second half was just back and forth.
Team had FOUR TURNOVERS through the first 35 minutes (then made an effort to get up to the 12-14 Coach Burt mentioned at times!)

Free throw shooting was good as well for most of the night as well.

AWESOME EFFORT LADIES - BEAT THE BONNIES OVER THE WEEKEND!!!

1/18/2017 10:58 pm  #5

St. Louis is headed to Rhode Island after the team played the Dukes according to Lisa Stone, Coach of the Billikens, in her postgame courtside radio interview.  She compliments the Dukes in how well they beat her team in practically all aspects of the game:

https://twitter.com/SaintLouisWBB/status/821900552305000449

This was the largest margin (29 points) by far of any of losses suffered by St.Louis this season.  Perhaps this will be the start of a lengthy winnning streak for the Dukes.

[size=150]GO DUKES!
 Beat the Bonnies, 6-12 (1-5) in Olean on Saturday![/size]

Last edited by godukes1970 (1/20/2017 7:11 pm)

1/19/2017 12:14 am  #6

Brilliant and stunning game for the Dukes! Only 8 turnovers with solid passing and ball movement. Great D against an experienced and well coached team. Every player on the team went all out and Jussa was spectacular. If this continues, and there is great hope that it will, the A10 tourney will be fun! Great job, Dukes. Beat Bona!

1/19/2017 7:06 am  #7

I have so much confidence in this team and staff.

Get it done ladies! Mission: Return.

1/19/2017 5:47 pm  #8

Perhaps it was the confidence booster this team needed.  Nice to see Judith Sole playing

1/20/2017 4:05 pm  #9

What got into the Dukes in this game?  Quite a turnaround from the previous game.  I saw the game at UMASS and you could see the talent on the team, but it just looked like they were not all on the same page, and the defense was not good. 
St. Louis got caught in a buzz saw in this game, just never had a chance.  Hopefully will get the Dukes in a groove for the rest of the season.

Board footera