Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2013 10:09 pm  #1

Dukes at Dayton

The Dukes were down by 8 pts. during mid-way of the 1st half, but Jr. Odi Odisho steped up and scored 12 pts. (FG: 5-9; 3 pts: 2-4 ) and gave her team the halftime lead, 36-33.  Orsi is not available for this game so Jose-Ann Johnson and Stasia King (5 rbs.) are providing some help as Wumi was on the bench for several minutes with 2 fouls.  Dayton has been to the foul line frequently, making 8 of 12 (75%). The Dukes are only 1 for 4 in FTs. 

Dukes are looking pretty good agasint the #17th ranked team, but there's still a lot of b-ball left to play. 

Last edited by godukes1970 (2/19/2013 12:15 am)

2/18/2013 10:30 pm  #2

Re: Dukes at Dayton

Dukes continue to force Dayton into turnovers.  Dukes are up 50 to 43 with 11:44 to play in 2nd half.

2/18/2013 10:40 pm  #3

Dukes suffer scoring drought.  Dayton rips off 13 pts and takes lead, 54-50.

2/18/2013 11:09 pm  #4

Dukes had three shots at the end of the game. I believe Jocelyn Floyd was fouled, but nothing was called by the refs.  It was another heartbreaking one point loss, 58-57.  The effort was clearly there.  Dayton was lucky to come off with a win.

Last edited by godukes1970 (2/18/2013 11:10 pm)

2/19/2013 9:02 am  #5

Looks like they will need to win the A-10 tourney to make the NCAA tourney now.  I hope that some day, somehow before I take my last breath that some team; any team, associated with Duquesne will win a "big" game.  Close again, but can't win the big one. 

They beat teams in every way possible except putting the ball in the basket.  My kingdom for a shooter!

2/19/2013 9:30 am  #6

It was real tough watching that game, I felt bad for the players, no only did they have to play in the ceptic tank of America, in front of a somewhat loud crowd, the refs were all over the place, calling touches but letting people get run over.  To lose a huge game like that has to sting.  Close but no cigar.  

Question to those who know WCBB more, why did the announcer at the end question Dayton getting into NCAAs, and had the Dukes won, them getting in?  Dayton is #14, and had DU won, I would have thought they would have been locked in too.  Am I missing something?

Lastly, they still can win out and likely get a bye in A10 tourn.  And from what I saw last night, there is no reason to think they cant win the whole thing.  Maybe get to 25 wins and a A10 finals appearance...maybe thats enough???  But gotta win these last 3.

2/19/2013 1:09 pm  #7

I came to the realization like Levon did that I will never see a DU team make the NCAA tournament in any sport..   This is a repeat of what the women did two years ago.   Golden opportunity and they gag it away.   They could step up and win, but they just didn't have it in them to do that.  

Sorry if this is harsh, but it is the truth.   And people would have no qualms about calling out the men like if they choked away such a golden opportunity.

I have seen this script before.   They will probably go in the tank now and lose to Butler or someone else.   They may have lost their bye in the A10 tournament too.  So they will make an early exit from the A10 tournament also.  

I am over DU sports in general.   I have only been following since the 90s, but I am done.   God bless you guys that have been hoping and praying and supportingthis pile of crap since the 70s because I am done.   I just refuse to get invested in this stuff any further with so little reward.   Good luck to you all.   Peace.

2/19/2013 6:37 pm  #8

I would have no problems calling out a team if I believe it choked or gagged it away.  I didn't see the last two games as choking.  We played two of our best three games in the last two IMHO.  Unfortunately, it wasn't good enough.

Second...when you're without both your starting PF and the backup big...how many teams are going to win on the road against a top 15 team?  Not many...

Don't give up on this team quite yet.  It was a team some on this board thought wasn't better than last year's that went 7-7 in the A10.  We're already better than that.  This team has the most fight to it of any DU women's team I've seen...any sport...and I won't count us out until the very end.  Too many good competitors that will do whatever it takes and have that "it" factor.  That's why I am as disappointed in the last two games...

I said before A10 play I thought we were an 11-3 type A10 team.  We're still there if we win out...and we still have a shot in the tourney.

Board footera