Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2017 2:07 pm  #1

A-10 Announces All-Conference Teams; Amadea Szamosi named to 3rd Team

I felt that Chassidy Omogrosso and/or Juliyana Vojinovic would have made third team along with Amadea.  Let the slight serve as motivation to drive the Dukes onto victory in the A-10 Conference Tournament.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/duqu/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/A10Awards_17.pdf

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31600&ATCLID=211507275&_ga=1.5035312.289203677.1488308226

3/01/2017 1:06 am  #2

Re: A-10 Announces All-Conference Teams; Amadea Szamosi named to 3rd Team

surprised juca wasn't most improved player. hopefully she received some votes or consideration for that award.

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/04/2017 1:57 pm  #3

yak-rbc wrote:

surprised juca wasn't most improved player. hopefully she received some votes or consideration for that award.

In  the press conference following the win over GW, Coach Dan said the Juca should have been selected as the A-10 most improved player of the year.  I believe he said Juca wasn't pleased about not getting that award, and she's playing with a chip on her shoulder because of the oversight. 

3/04/2017 6:35 pm  #4

godukes1970 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

In  the press conference following the win over GW, Coach Dan said the Juca should have been selected as the A-10 most improved player of the year.  I believe he said Juca wasn't pleased about not getting that award, and she's playing with a chip on her shoulder because of the oversight. 

I was in this press conference and he never said she wasn't pleased. Inferred? Sure. He said the same thing about Kadri not winning freshman of the year. Fortunately for Dan with these wins, he has had the platform to do so and there is nothing the conference can do.

Did Juca deserve recognition? Yes either as comeback or on third team. Nothing you can do now except motivate as is already being done.

3/04/2017 7:50 pm  #5

These "Conference Selections" can become a "Numbers Thing"  --  With 14 Teams in the League -  Is Difficult to say 2 players from a team that finished 7th - should have made the top 3 Teams.  Also last year Workman won the 6th Man Award Even Though she was a starter for Most of the League Season - AND the Fact that Both April and Her Made First Team - Chassidy and Kadri Ann BOTH getting selected to the All Rookie Team -  MIGHT Have cost Kadri Ann the Rookie of the Year Award.  There could have been some voters who wondered if she was the best Freshman on her own team.

3/04/2017 8:49 pm  #6

zacharymweiss wrote:

godukes1970 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

I was in this press conference and he never said she wasn't pleased. Inferred? Sure. He said the same thing about Kadri not winning freshman of the year. Fortunately for Dan with these wins, he has had the platform to do so and there is nothing the conference can do.
Did Juca deserve recognition? Yes either as comeback or on third team. Nothing you can do now except motivate as is already being done.

Perhaps you dozed off at the press conference following the Dukes' victory over GW on Friday.  During that conference Coach Dan mentioned Juca's significantly improved performance from last year to this year.  He cited some of her stats and then said: "Frankly I don't know how she wasn't the most improved.  Right now she's showing everybody that she's the most improved player in the league.  She's playing with a chip on her shoulder, and she should."  

I believe that when it's said that someone is playing with a chip on their shoulder that person carrying the chip likely has a sense of being begrudged or shortchanged by someone (a chip) and uses that as motivation to perform even better on the basketball court.  I recommend that you view the video of the Game 3 Postgame Press Conference around the 27:30 mark found at this link: 
http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/030317aaa.html

Now I have a question for you: were you really at this press conference or just making stuff up?

3/04/2017 9:12 pm  #7

I am specifically addressing how you said Dan stated she was disappointed. I know very well what Dan said I was one of three reporters there so trying to quote it back at me is insuiting when I am trying to articulate a point.

Bottom line let's agree on this. Juca should have been given the award if not recognized twice for her efforts. Davidson's player was already considered the second returning scoring option and she did just that. That is not being the most improved player, that is simply performing up to expectations.

Juca as you did state has substantially raised her game and continues to be rewarded for it. Her pass to Conor Richardson today was amazing and she rebounds better as a guard than most think.

Tomorrow is a big game and she will need to be prepared for it.

Board footera