Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2017 4:16 pm  #1

Nick Washington Official Visit 4/6

Adam Zagoria
2017 South Kent PF Nick Washington will take an official to Duquesne on April 6, per his dad.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/recruits/auto_replace-197

Last edited by CLK (3/30/2017 4:16 pm)

3/30/2017 8:03 pm  #2

Re: Nick Washington Official Visit 4/6

Head coach at South Kent is Bill Barton. Wonder if that helps? 

3/31/2017 11:44 am  #3

WashPaRick wrote:

Head coach at South Kent is Bill Barton. Wonder if that helps? 

​I have my doubts. I don't think he left DU full of good will or positive feelings. Don't really know for sure - he was a pretty decent guy as far as I know.

3/31/2017 11:50 am  #4

4/03/2017 6:28 pm  #5

6'8" 220 lb South Kent Prep Nick Washington is visiting next weekend, along with his former Puerto Rican teammate on their under 17 national team Josh Colon.  Not a lot of information on him, but found this of interest. 

http://insidepuertoricobasketball.blogspot.com/2017/03/washington-visits-georgetown.html

"South Kent School Stretch 4 Nick Washington Visits Georgetown South Kent School 2017 Power Forward Nicholas Washington visited Georgetown last week per sources.  Washington is one of the best available unsigned "Bigs" as reported by ESPN's and New England Recruiting Report ('NERR") Adam Finkelstein. Coach JT3 's firing from Georgetown two days after the visit could impact Washington's interest in playing of the Hoyas next year."

Last edited by CLK (4/03/2017 6:30 pm)

4/03/2017 6:33 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

6'8" 220 lb South Kent Prep Nick Washington is visiting next weekend, along with his former Puerto Rican teammate on their under 17 national team Josh Colon.  Not a lot of information on him, but found this of interest. 

http://insidepuertoricobasketball.blogspot.com/2017/03/washington-visits-georgetown.html

"South Kent School Stretch 4 Nick Washington Visits Georgetown South Kent School 2017 Power Forward Nicholas Washington visited Georgetown last week per sources.  Washington is one of the best available unsigned "Bigs" as reported by ESPN's and New England Recruiting Report ('NERR") Adam Finkelstein. Coach JT3 's firing from Georgetown two days after the visit could impact Washington's interest in playing of the Hoyas next year."

I would love to get Washington, ballantyne, and Collins. That would be a great late-season recruiting class.

4/03/2017 6:34 pm  #7

Seems more like an I. Mike type.  Hopefully he commits.  I sure hope Jordan Robinson is ready for a lot of playing time next year!  We need one more big man or grad transfer.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/03/2017 7:35 pm  #8

Dukes2012 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I would love to get Washington, ballantyne, and Collins. That would be a great late-season recruiting class.

I like those three as well, and would also like to get Jermaine Jackson and hopefully get the best available grad transfer to round out the class.  That would be my wish list.  One thing about Ballantyne, the kid can really shoot, but needs work on defense.  I am sure that Coach D will work on that with him if we can get him.  He is #10 in this video.

Last edited by CLK (4/03/2017 7:41 pm)

4/04/2017 1:08 pm  #9

In the video, Jackson looks like a very heady guard who can shoot. Ballantine must have scored 20 but to say his defense was lacking is very polite. Play for Coach D. and he will improve rapidly. Thanks for the video, CLK.

4/04/2017 2:39 pm  #10

Agree Hook as to Jackson and Ballantine - people went around him like he was pylon on Grant Street.  LOL.  In any event defense is a lot about heart, hustle and being well coached and I believe KD would get that out of Ballantine.  Remember, you can't teach height.  GO DUKES! 

Question: Is the Collins kid the shooting guard from Ohio?  What is his stat line?

4/05/2017 11:39 am  #11

The other team had some real speed and really ran well.  They were just beating them up the court which makes it hard to show much on defense.

Board footera