Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2017 3:59 pm  #1

David Collins

Per Corey Evans, Collins is visiting the bluff today. Highly recruited kid from first love academy in Washington county.

4/08/2017 4:14 pm  #2

Re: David Collins

So visiting in the last three days are:

Josh Colon
Nick Washington
Marko Krivacevic
Jermaine Jackson
Jack Ballantyne
David Collins

Out of this group I am hoping we see at least three commitments.

Last edited by CLK (4/08/2017 4:14 pm)

4/08/2017 4:15 pm  #3

Collins said that Cincinnati, Drexel, Duquesne, USF and Washington State are the schools that are in contact with him the most.“Everything got crazy real quick with all of the transfers and coaches switching jobs,” Collins said. “So I’m just waiting it out. Probably in like two weeks I’ll start narrowing it down and get my visits set up."

4/08/2017 4:15 pm  #4

He would be a huge get for us from what I've read.  

4/08/2017 11:47 pm  #5

VCU was looking at him on Friday.

4/09/2017 8:33 am  #6

Here's a general question I've always wondered about related to recruiting. How is it handled if a guy wants to commit straight after his visit if the coach has more guys at the position scheduled to visit?

4/10/2017 2:18 pm  #7

Committing and signing are quite different, at this point in the process guys are going to sign an LOA which is binding.  This would probably change the plans for recruiting similar players unless you planned to take two at the same position.  If a recruit commits; let's say for 2018, it's not binding and he can change his mind multiple times in the next year.  In that case coaches will stay in touch with guys playing the same position in case the first guy decommits.

4/10/2017 2:33 pm  #8

Committing and signing are quite different, at this point in the process guys are going to sign an LOA which is binding.  This would probably change the plans for recruiting similar players unless you planned to take two at the same position.  If a recruit commits; let's say for 2018, it's not binding and he can change his mind multiple times in the next year.  In that case coaches will stay in touch with guys playing the same position in case the first guy decommits.

4/10/2017 2:39 pm  #9

levon1975 wrote:

I know the difference between being signed and being committed. What I'm asking is how it would be handled (to use current examples) if in the case with the small point guards, Josh Colon goes on his visit and commits right away. Then, a week later, Jermaine Jackson finishes his visit tour and ends up picking Duquesne.

We aren't taking two 5'9" point guards with who we have already. Jackson is clearly a superior talent to Colon. Does Dambrot say to Colon sorry you were plan B and Jackson signs. Or does he tell Jackson sorry but Colon already gave us and answer and takes him.

I guess this scenario is only a possibility if the higher level recruit wants to commit if there is a player of the same position already committed.

With the limited amount of time to round out the 2017 roster and the multitude of spots we still need to fill, I could see something like this happening and wonder how it would be handled.

4/11/2017 12:33 pm  #10

Can someone post the most up to date roster, including guys who will be sitting out 2017-18?  I am losing track with all the changes.  Thanks in advance.

4/11/2017 1:07 pm  #11

Guys on Scholarship:

Seniors: Eric James, Jordan Robinson

Juniors: Tarin Smith, krivacevic, Craig Randall

Sophomores: mike Lewis 2, Spencer littleson, Tavian Dunn Martin

Freshman: Djonkam

Although Randall and Dunn Martin are ineligible next year, they will both be sophomores (corrected above, thanks pav) when they start their DU careers.

So we have 7 scholarship players for next year right now.

Last edited by Duques102 (4/11/2017 2:24 pm)

4/11/2017 1:49 pm  #12

Randall played the last 2 years at Memphis.  He will only have 2 years left. He and ML2 will be seniors same year

Last edited by lilpav30 (4/11/2017 1:49 pm)

Board footera