Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2017 6:25 am  #1

4/20/2017 7:13 am  #2

Re: Coach D Changing the Culture

The article you posted is probably the longest article related to DU basketball that I can ever remember reading.  The more I learn about Coach D the more impressed I am.  He has a blueprint for success and I will be surprised if, given time, DU does not become a winning program.

4/20/2017 7:38 am  #3

Excellent article. Losing CAN become a habit. We have seen that oh so many times in the past.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/20/2017 8:38 am  #4

The more I read and hear the more I look forward to seeing this program grow into what it should be. These are exciting times for DU basketball! Definitely renewing my season tix!!

4/20/2017 8:40 am  #5

KenOTR73 wrote:

Excellent article. Losing CAN become a habit. We have seen that oh so many times in the past.

Ken you are exactly right.  How many 16 - 18 point leads did we see blown in the last 5 years only to lose in the last seconds. Great article. 

4/20/2017 9:08 am  #6

Just another peice of information that highlights how much different things will be in the Dambrot era, I love it. You always got the feeling in the past that the athletic department and basketball program were cutting corners. This is also another sign of an overall commitment to success. This guys resume is extremely impressive and generally that doesn't come cheap. Kudos to Dambrot and the department for going that extra mile to establish a culture, mindset, and identity for the program right outta the gate.

We are in good hands.

4/20/2017 9:52 am  #7

What Dr. Carr teaches reminds me of  basic military training or boot camp.
Break the individual down then build them up to be part of a unit. 
Then mold the unit to have a can do attitude.

4/20/2017 10:05 am  #8

Really enjoyed the long and detailed read from PSN on Dr Carr. I feel like I've viewed every YouTube clip of Coach Dambrot and Akron since he took the job at Duquesne and I remembered watching a video on the work Dr. Carr was doing with the Zips program so here is his work and the quotes behind his work and Coach's philosophies in video format.

4/20/2017 10:40 am  #9

Wow! If I were 18, I certainly would want to be recruited by a coach that was going to understand me and motivate me. Is there a R. A. R. E. Fan program? Sign me up !

4/20/2017 10:52 am  #10

No more bricks. Yay!

4/20/2017 11:39 am  #11

This is similar to business cultures that wish to instill the qualities into folks to be winners and strive for the best.

Not business as usual anymore 'round the Bluff, who...ahh.....!

A diehard fan since 1961

4/20/2017 1:10 pm  #12

Very impressive; great to see the incredible potential in the Duquesne program finally being recognized.  The program has been asleep for so long; but with the commitment of the University and the excitement surrounding the City of Pittsburgh it can become hugely attractive for recruits, and will be a factor locally and nationally.

4/20/2017 1:58 pm  #13

I could have used a sports psychologist back in my day. I was "Jung" and very "Freudened" 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/20/2017 2:16 pm  #14

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I could have used a sports psychologist back in my day. I was "Jung" and very "Freudened" 

That's phenomenological!

4/20/2017 2:32 pm  #15

ElDuque wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

That's phenomenological!

Of course being as a teacher being around all these Jung people makes me feel like an ID again.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/20/2017 7:14 pm  #16

These are the conversation that need to take place to change the culture of Dukes basketball. Hopefully it spreads throughout the department and energizes the student body as well. I appreciate that we - the hardcore - are getting jazzed up, but the effect could be by an order of magnitude if the student body buys in.

4/20/2017 8:27 pm  #17

I wonder if we can pull our resources and have Dr. Carr do a mandatory session for the posters on this Board.  

4/21/2017 10:30 am  #18

Dr. Carr would get enough material from talking to us to write a couple of books, so he should really kick in a free session for the long-suffering fans on this board!

4/21/2017 12:16 pm  #19

My wife thinks it would be a good idea!

4/21/2017 12:46 pm  #20

This reminds me of when John Cinicola brought in a hypnotist to try and help the team during the 1976-77 season. 

As Norm Nixon recounted, each player had an individual session and were told to tell the hypnotist what they wanted to improve the most. 

Slick said that he said he wanted to improve his ability to use his left hand.  B.B. Flenory said he wanted to improve his jumping ability.  Rich Cotton said he wanted to play his bass guitar better.  Cini was not happy with Rich.

Board footera