Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2017 3:54 pm  #1

2017-18 projected started lineup

As of now:
C - Jordan Robinson
F - Eric James
F - Kellon Taylor
G - Tarin Smith
G - Mike Lewis II
Bench: Rene Castro, Spencer Littleson, Lewis Djonkam

We'll update this as we go along, and by the time November gets here we'll see how far we get.

4/04/2017 3:59 pm  #2

Re: 2017-18 projected started lineup

Interesting topic. My guess is that there will be at least one starter who is currently not on the roster, whether that be a freshman or grad transfer. If we get Washington, I could see him starting at the four.

4/04/2017 4:06 pm  #3

Having the walk-on Taylor from football is a nice bonus considering the roster situation we're in. Just getting the 13 or 14 warm bodies for a decent practice is going to be tough enough.

4/04/2017 4:09 pm  #4

Also, I'm looking for littleson to take a big step forward this year. Once he figures out the speed of the game and bulks up a little, I feel like he could be a very good player.

4/04/2017 4:26 pm  #5

Dukes2012 wrote:

Interesting topic. My guess is that there will be at least one starter who is currently not on the roster, whether that be a freshman or grad transfer. If we get Washington, I could see him starting at the four.

I agree the lineup will look slightly different when we tip off next year, one or two new additions in the starting lineup. This is a cool topic for the coming months.

Last edited by Duques102 (4/04/2017 4:26 pm)

4/04/2017 5:59 pm  #6

IF Taylor continues to play football - season might not be over before basketball practice/season begins - difficult to imagine a non-scholarship player (even one who played Hoops at DeMatha) being in the starting line up while not having the benefit of as many practices as the others.

4/04/2017 6:09 pm  #7

As of today, I see only one starter, Lewis II.
The balance of the starters will depend on who KD signs by May 17
followed by summer league ball and workout then practice.
Taylor will not start.  He is a two sport player who may become one sport, football,
depending on his relationship with KD.  

4/04/2017 6:19 pm  #8

Folks, this is based on the CURRENT ROSTER.

OK?

4/11/2017 10:18 pm  #9

Updated as of today:

C - Robinson
F - Krivacevic
F - James
G - Smith
G - Lewis II
Littleson and eventually Taylor (non-scholarship) off the bench.
Dunn-Martin and Randall II on scholarships sit out next year

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/12/2017 5:59 am  #10

yak-rbc wrote:

Updated as of today:

C - Robinson
F - Krivacevic
F - James
G - Smith
G - Lewis II
Littleson and eventually Taylor (non-scholarship) off the bench.
Dunn-Martin and Randall II on scholarships sit out next year

Decent starting lineup, but zero depth so far.

4/12/2017 7:32 am  #11

The speculation on players and starters is a bit premature. The new staff at Duquesne surely are looking for a certain type of player , different than the last regime, and for good reason. They won 20 plus always, the last guy never did more than 17, and only once.

So the guys that left, either by choice or a nudge and the record of past recruits success being what it is, a house cleaning is to me a great plus.

Bad habits are hard to change, in my business world past, my own new hires usually did better with less drama than those holding on to the past practices, the employees I inherited.

It is even more dramatic in sports since the time you have is limited, now let's wait until all are signed and then have fun devising lineups.

A diehard fan since 1961

4/12/2017 7:55 am  #12

Phildog wrote:

The speculation on players and starters is a bit premature. The new staff at Duquesne surely are looking for a certain type of player , different than the last regime, and for good reason. They won 20 plus always, the last guy never did more than 17, and only once.

So the guys that left, either by choice or a nudge and the record of past recruits success being what it is, a house cleaning is to me a great plus.

Bad habits are hard to change, in my business world past, my own new hires usually did better with less drama than those holding on to the past practices, the employees I inherited.

It is even more dramatic in sports since the time you have is limited, now let's wait until all are signed and then have fun devising lineups.

Still, I'm glad that Mike Lewis stayed. Keep in mind that the best player Ron had was a holdover from the awful Nee era.

4/12/2017 8:14 am  #13

Predicting a lineup today is like naming the winner of the Masters after day 3.  Lets see what happens and it will work itself out soon enough.  The lone "big" on the roster could easily be pushed to the bench by this weekend.  Remain calm, all is well.

4/12/2017 8:31 am  #14

duq81 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Still, I'm glad that Mike Lewis stayed. Keep in mind that the best player Ron had was a holdover from the awful Nee era.

Ditto on Lewis II, he has a great heart for wanting to win....

A diehard fan since 1961

4/12/2017 9:20 am  #15

Lewis II should be one of the best to ever suit up for DU! Can't wait to see him even next year not to mention his Jr. and Sr. years. If we could keep only one player from last year, he is THE ONE!

4/12/2017 9:29 am  #16

president wrote:

Lewis II should be one of the best to ever suit up for DU! Can't wait to see him even next year not to mention his Jr. and Sr. years. If we could keep only one player from last year, he is THE ONE!

Yeah he has the makings of an all time great here, number in the rafters and everything else.

He got robbed last year, he was the best freshman in the Atlantic 10.

Dambrot already did a rock star recruiting job by keeping him.

4/21/2017 8:33 pm  #17

As of now:
C - Jordan Robinson
F - Tydus Verhoeven
F - Eric James
G - Tarin Smith
G - Mike Lewis II
Bench: Eric Williams, Spencer Littleson, Marko Krivacevic, Nicholas Kratholm, Kellon Taylor
Gone since initial post: Castro, Djonkam

We'll update this as we go along, and by the time November gets here we'll see how far we get.

Board footera