Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2017 5:54 pm  #1

Torrey Patton update

Torrey Patton will announce his college decision on April 25th. Considering 5 schools(in no particular order): Wright St, Miami (OH), Akron, Duquesne, Robert Morris

Last edited by townsonkid (4/18/2017 5:54 pm)

4/20/2017 9:28 am  #2

Re: Torrey Patton update

Would you guys prefer Patton or Jackson Jr?   Patton is much larger (6'4), but Jackson has 3 stars and has a ridiculous handle from his videos.  He is small though (5'10"), and it would give us 3 point guards the following year when Dunn Martin is eligible.  Dunn-Martin is also tiny.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/20/2017 9:41 am  #3

Simms wrote:

Would you guys prefer Patton or Jackson Jr?   Patton is much larger (6'4), but Jackson has 3 stars and has a ridiculous handle from his videos.  He is small though (5'10"), and it would give us 3 point guards the following year when Dunn Martin is eligible.  Dunn-Martin is also tiny.  

Size matters but you still want to bring in the best players. I would take either but would prefer jackson personally. We did ok with two small guards with Talley and Eric Evans in the pst. I think the most important thing is not having two sub 6' starting in the backcourt together. Either way I think we are talking depth guys for the next couple years. Year two the top three guards will be Randall, Lewis II, and Smith. It's gonna be hard for a young guy to really break into that top three. Those are some talented, experienced guys.

4/21/2017 12:17 pm  #4

When does anyone think we will hear about any other potential recruits. Getting a bit nervous!!

4/21/2017 1:42 pm  #5

president wrote:

When does anyone think we will hear about any other potential recruits. Getting a bit nervous!!

They are probably all visiting a number of schools, everything will likely fall into place within the next week I would assume.

4/25/2017 8:54 am  #6

Patton to Akron

4/25/2017 9:02 am  #7

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

4/25/2017 9:03 am  #8

Alright, Mr Collins, come on down to the D!

4/25/2017 9:36 am  #9

I honestly didn't expect Patton and don't expect Collins because I don't think we have the scholarship to offer.  These guys are putting us on their lists, but I don't know if they can truly come here anymore.  

My prediction is Collins goes to USF.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

Board footera