Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2017 10:20 am  #51

Re: Current list of recruits for 2017

Dukes2012 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

i know you really want a guard, ed, but you can't teach size. haruna is my first choice

I have not seen anything that would lead to us to believe that Haruna has any interest in coming to Duquesne. I don't believe he ever visited.

Give me Collins then.

4/26/2017 10:33 am  #52

Collins to announce at 11:45 today.  USF, Akron and DU are the final 3.  He committed to YSU last November...he is from Youngstown.  That leads me to believe that he wants to play close to family.  Akron is 20 minutes closer to Y'town than Pittsburgh and Akron lost all of it's 2 deep back court this year with the departure of KD.  It would not be a surprise for him to go to Akron and play right away.  He is supposed to be friends with Patton and some of the Akron players.  I guess I win either way....but I really want to see KD turn around the DU program and Akron will survive without Collins.  I hope he chooses DU.

Edit:  oops....missed that one.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (4/26/2017 11:01 am)

4/26/2017 1:36 pm  #53

I don't really want anything. I think the 13 scholies are spoken for, and we do battle with 9 guys next year. Will have a full complement for practice, and most teams don't use more than 9 anyway.

Iron Dukes! Just like in Sid Dambrot's day.

4/26/2017 1:45 pm  #54

ElDuque wrote:

I don't really want anything. I think the 13 scholies are spoken for, and we do battle with 9 guys next year. Will have a full complement for practice, and most teams don't use more than 9 anyway.

Only thing to worry about is injuries....

4/26/2017 7:36 pm  #55

ElDuque wrote:

Actually, the Iron Dukes were the Moe Becker team in the late 30s, early 40s.

4/26/2017 8:23 pm  #56

How do you remember that? 

4/26/2017 8:43 pm  #57

And there was the later version - Lionel "Big Train" Billingy at Center - Jack Wojdowski (Proud Papa of Rachel) at 6'4 PF - Darnell Roebuck SF - Reuben Montanez and Mike Barr in the Back Court - when Dave Roddy was declared ineligible in the second semester - DU picks up a transfer from CCAC - Brian Devine - don't remember if Brian saw too much action but at least he could even out the lines for the lay up drills!! Freshmen were NOT eligible at that point - Team had NO Walk Ons!!!

4/27/2017 6:09 am  #58

Of course, these were the days before the shot clock. 😊

4/27/2017 6:29 pm  #59

Story about Collins in todays Washington Observer Reporter. He said he's close with Dambrot. According to his coach 6'8 Prince Oduro is still looking. I'm pretty sure he verbeled somewhere (Iona?) but that must of changed. He's a former Ferry recruit.

4/27/2017 6:47 pm  #60

Looks like he's signed at Siena. Must of been some miscommunication in todays article.

5/04/2017 7:38 am  #61

Dukes2012 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

i know you really want a guard, ed, but you can't teach size. haruna is my first choice

I have not seen anything that would lead to us to believe that Haruna has any interest in coming to Duquesne. I don't believe he ever visited.

lol 

Roll Dukes Roll

5/04/2017 7:48 am  #62

currentstudent wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

lol 

Lol? Do you have some insight you'd like to provide?

5/04/2017 9:06 am  #63

I said three times I saw him on campus. 

Roll Dukes Roll

5/04/2017 9:24 am  #64

currentstudent wrote:

I said three times I saw him on campus. 

1. Look at the date of my post.

2. There's been no confirmation that he visited from him or any recruiting experts.

3. I would love to have him but I continue to believe that we are out of scholarships until I am presented with evidence to the contrary.

Board footera