Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/20/2017 4:53 pm  #1

5/20/2017 5:56 pm  #2

Re: A blast from the past!

Love it. Jack Wojdowski is Coach Rachel's Dad.

5/21/2017 11:20 am  #3

Re: A blast from the past!

I was at that Steel Bowl, in the morning paper Jacksonville players were saying, Pittsburgh ain't nothing in basketball. And they continued to disrespect the Dukes before tip off.

Then the Train went to work, Jack and Kip also were active on the boards, both were 6-4 and not flashy but gritty players. Kips father had played with Red in the 50's. I later met Kip and he was a nice guy, Jack was from Canevin High and around my age.

I also met Oscar, a great guy who could really play but got lost in the shuffle as a senior but almost made the Celtics, they kept Tom Henderson because he was drafted and had a no cut contract. Jackson almost made it as a free gent.

OJ made the winning basket at Dayton in a triple overtime win, later while being interviewed by the great Ray Goss said, " Ray I am a senior, seniors make those shots! " I think it was 109-107 or some crazy score in front of a jam packed crew of Flyers fanatics.

Memories from a long, long time ago.......and that what it was like being a Duquesne fan back then.

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera