Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2017 11:27 am  #1

New kid

at First Love. 6'3 Steven Rwahwire is a combo guard with some bigtime hops. Kid can throw it down.

6/20/2017 11:55 am  #2

Re: New kid

Toronto kid. Not a lot of interest in him at this point, but maybe he'll rise over the summer. We'll see.

6/20/2017 12:44 pm  #3

First Love has a 6'10" sophomore that was at Coach's elite camp Sunday. Not sure who he is, Rick. Maybe you can track him down.

6/20/2017 1:20 pm  #4

I'll be curious over the next few years to see what kind of eye coach has. Meaning, can he pick out kids who are not really on the radar prior to their senior year, that he figures are going to blow up late. I'm thinking kids like TJ, Mike Lewis, or Isaiah Mike. Kids that have a list of crappy schools after them early, but end up being good enough to excel at our level, or even higher. If he can't land kids who are being sought by A10, and higher level schools, he'll need to get some kids like this if he's not going to end up having only a modest ceiling. No matter how good of a coach he is, he can't get to the top of the A10 with just MAC, and MAAC level players. He has to get some steals. (I think Swingle is exactly the type of player I'm talking about)

6/20/2017 2:15 pm  #5

Rick did we offer this kid?

http://northpolehoops.com/players/steven-rwahwire/

Last edited by CLK (6/20/2017 2:16 pm)

6/20/2017 3:36 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

Rick did we offer this kid?

http://northpolehoops.com/players/steven-rwahwire/

Not to my knowledge. I just saw where First Love announced he was going there. I'm pretty sure we will be looking at all the First Love kids at some point due to the proximity.

6/20/2017 8:02 pm  #7

HookShot wrote:

First Love has a 6'10" sophomore that was at Coach's elite camp Sunday. Not sure who he is, Rick. Maybe you can track him down.

I come across a 2020 kid standing next to coach Dambrot wearing a Duquesne vs. everybody t-shirt. Lus Risquez Sanchez 6'9.

6/20/2017 8:38 pm  #8

Thanks, Rick. That is the T they wore Sunday. You da man!

6/21/2017 8:57 am  #9

"Not to my knowledge. I just saw where First Love announced he was going there. I'm pretty sure we will be looking at all the First Love kids at some point due to the proximity."

Thanks Rick.  The kid looks very strong and physically developed already.

Board footera