Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2017 11:50 am  #1

Schedule

Hi all. Anyone know when the schedule for this season comes out officially? I see that St. Bonaventure already released theirs this week so I was just wondering.

7/21/2017 9:40 am  #2

Re: Schedule

I would appreciate the schedule coming out and  figuring out what days I need to take off to watch the Dukes
at Palumbo.
 I want to try to support the Dukes as I realize, folks its time to get to get people to show up at these games.The
coach is making 1 million dollars a year,there is a training table -food  and nutrition program in place, a sports
psychologist  and upgrades I dont know about plus 40 million dollars needed to upgrade Palumbo and rent
money to play the games at the Paint Can while Palumbo gets a facelift.This is a enormous almost unbelievable
committment that I certainly never thought would ever happen at Duquesne.Our dreams for something better has arrived. Its time for less talk and more action.
 250 more season tickets have been sold than last year.This is unacceptable,it wont work and pay for all the these
committments Duquesne is doing.
I am about to send off a letter to Mr.Harper as to what  I can do,do you want me to go door to door to sell tickets,
call people and beg them to come down to Palumbo.??.I have waited all my adult life,the table is set and its time
for the Duquesne community to sit down at this table and support this commitment ,the Dukes..
I want this so bad and even though I live 200 miles away  I am at your call to do what needs done and get the fans
in the stands.

7/21/2017 10:32 am  #3

See you at the Pitt game, Stew?

7/21/2017 1:07 pm  #4

People are taking a wait and see attitude. How can you blame them? The current season ticket holders are the hardcore. People who didn't go to Duquesne, but are local sports fans, are not going to buy in until they see results. That's just the way it is. Pitt being down won't hurt, as the non alums on their bandwagon are already jumping off, and will be happy to jump on ours if they see some results.

7/21/2017 2:36 pm  #5

VMI's reporting a November game against us Nov. 14 @ Palumbo. Did someone else mention this already?

7/21/2017 2:54 pm  #6

duq81 wrote:

People are taking a wait and see attitude. How can you blame them? The current season ticket holders are the hardcore. People who didn't go to Duquesne, but are local sports fans, are not going to buy in until they see results. That's just the way it is. Pitt being down won't hurt, as the non alums on their bandwagon are already jumping off, and will be happy to jump on ours if they see some results.

​Indeed they are taking a wait-and-see attitude. I had season tickets from 1975 to 2000 and Danny Nee drove me away. Then, I had tickets for all but one of the Ron Everhart years and the first of the Jim Ferry years -- before he drove me away. I realty think Duquesne is headed in the right direction this time. I really do. But I have to wait and see.

7/21/2017 5:40 pm  #7

El Duque - cannot remember when but I did see this.  It struck me at the time that VMI, though not real strong by any means, would be a legit home opener.  Cornell and Pitt only others I have dates attached to, excluding tournament talk (Bahamas and Vegas).  I see many teams starting a little earlier so perhaps a game prior to VMI?

7/21/2017 6:53 pm  #8

kcc173 wrote:

El Duque - cannot remember when but I did see this.  It struck me at the time that VMI, though not real strong by any means, would be a legit home opener.  Cornell and Pitt only others I have dates attached to, excluding tournament talk (Bahamas and Vegas).  I see many teams starting a little earlier so perhaps a game prior to VMI?

CLK posted the VMI game in another schedule thread.
http://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/viewtopic_mobile.php?pid=26110#p26110
I suspect that VMI will be our second game; we should open up on the 10th or 11th of November.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (7/21/2017 6:55 pm)

7/21/2017 8:44 pm  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

kcc173 wrote:

El Duque - cannot remember when but I did see this. It struck me at the time that VMI, though not real strong by any means, would be a legit home opener. Cornell and Pitt only others I have dates attached to, excluding tournament talk (Bahamas and Vegas). I see many teams starting a little earlier so perhaps a game prior to VMI?

I suspect that VMI will be our second game; we should open up on the 10th or 11th of November.

That makes sense. Most teams like to open with a real cupcake. VMI is a bit above that level.

7/22/2017 9:18 am  #10

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

kcc173 wrote:

Thought so. Thanks!

7/25/2017 12:13 pm  #11

No St. Francis on the schedule this year. Red Flash released their non-conference schedule.

7/25/2017 4:02 pm  #12

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

No St. Francis on the schedule this year. Red Flash released their non-conference schedule.

Not upset, I see the value in playing winnable games OOC, but playing a middle of the road NEC team is the bottom feeder of bottom feeders. Beating a team like that doesn't help the rpi.

I'm also going to go on record this early and bet that Dambrot won't lose to a D2 team in an exhibition game even with his limited roster.

I'm not into taking shots at guys usually but screw Ferry. Since he was let go (which any rational person would agree was a good move, should have happened sooner) all he has done is come across as a total sour puss. He immediately retweeted that article by Zeise "Ferry isn't the reason for duquesnes failure" or whatever that garbage was and then continued to retweet and say supportive things about the guys who transferred and decommitted, as if to try to reinforce the idea that he should not of been fired, we saw similar excuse making during the perennial losing seasons he had here.

None of it is real support of the kids, it's a selfish way of saying I told you so. Totally unprofessional.

Guess what Ferry? No one cares that Lewis Djonkam went to VCU, and everyone here is glad your gone. We are lucky we have a guy like Dambrot to kickstart this program because every year Ferry was here set this program back two years. Dambrot is probably one of the few guys in the nation that could overcome the steaming dumpster fire of a program that Ferry left for the next guy.

Whew, that felt good. Go Dukes!

7/25/2017 8:17 pm  #13

So 102, you saw Twitter today too. How he resurrected LIU, then was in an impossible situation at Duquesne.

Been a knot in m'belly all day.

7/26/2017 9:04 am  #14

ElDuque wrote:

So 102, you saw Twitter today too. How he resurrected LIU, then was in an impossible situation at Duquesne.

Been a knot in m'belly all day.

Oh yeah, Ferry is the type of guy who loves to point out his successes and what he has accomplished, but when you get to the part when your talking about things that didn't work out or go as planned, he points fingers and deflects as it's simply everyone else's fault.

I would like to offer the following:

5 years
60-97 (.382) overall record
21-65 (.244) a10 record
5 yrs x $750,000 = $3,750,000 + buyout
4 losing seasons
1 .500 season
Win totals for a10 seasons in order: 1, 5, 6, 6, 3 (out of 18)
Never finished above 10th in the A10

Jim Phony can lie, but numbers don't. If one of us civilians were being compensated on that level, and doing that poor of a job, we would have been fired years before.

But Jim wants you to feel bad for him because it was "too hard of a situation to deal with."

Give me a freaking break.

Oh well, thank god we have Harper and Dambrot no vs Amodio and Ferry.

7/26/2017 11:19 am  #15

RE  99-89 in a tougher situation than JF ever faced!

7/26/2017 11:35 am  #16

I have know, some even just slightly, all Duquesne Coaches since Cinacola, all approachable to some degree, JC was a little cold until you knew him a little.

While at Gulf Coast Classic in Estero I was waiting for Ray Goss to finish a taped interview with Coach Ferry, whom I never met. So Ray said " Phil, have you every met Coach Ferry", I replied no I haven't had the pleasure, Ray said to Ferry, " Phil is a long time supporter and Duquesne fan".

He put out his hand and gave men a girlie handshake, never looking at me and said hello and left the floor.

The entire Athletic Department was so gracious, giving me free tickets, inviting me to breakfast and dinners at the 5 star resort where the team was staying, Coconut Pointe Hyatt Regency, and I had several nice conversations with Dave Harper. His assistant made sure he sat with me at the games, right with the families.

My point to use a Pittsburgh term, Jim Ferry seemed to me to be a real jag-off and to whine on Twitter about Duquesne was a classless act by a man his family wouldn't stay with him in the midst of his massive failure when he climbed too high and entered the A-10.

There, I feel better now😁

A diehard fan since 1961

7/26/2017 12:08 pm  #17

president wrote:

RE  99-89 in a tougher situation than JF ever faced!

Exactly! the guys hired before and after Ferry kind of validate and expose the fact that the problem was indeed him more than anything else.

Everything besides Ferry's rhetoric points to him being the reason things went so poorly, and the only person that can't see that is Ferry.

I get that Duquesne wasn't being run as well as a top flight program the whole time he was hear, but there are examples of guys flourishing all over the country with less than he had! That's just a cop out, and we now how quick he is to take those. Throws players, admin, and everyone else around him under the bus to save his own neck.

7/26/2017 4:22 pm  #18

Phildog wrote:

I have know, some even just slightly, all Duquesne Coaches since Cinacola, all approachable to some degree, JC was a little cold until you knew him a little.

While at Gulf Coast Classic in Estero I was waiting for Ray Goss to finish a taped interview with Coach Ferry, whom I never met. So Ray said " Phil, have you every met Coach Ferry", I replied no I haven't had the pleasure, Ray said to Ferry, " Phil is a long time supporter and Duquesne fan".

He put out his hand and gave men a girlie handshake, never looking at me and said hello and left the floor.

The entire Athletic Department was so gracious, giving me free tickets, inviting me to breakfast and dinners at the 5 star resort where the team was staying, Coconut Pointe Hyatt Regency, and I had several nice conversations with Dave Harper. His assistant made sure he sat with me at the games, right with the families.

My point to use a Pittsburgh term, Jim Ferry seemed to me to be a real jag-off and to whine on Twitter about Duquesne was a classless act by a man his family wouldn't stay with him in the midst of his massive failure when he climbed too high and entered the A-10.

There, I feel better now😁

I got to girlie handshake, laughed/snorted my penne and meat sauce through my nose, and laughed my asterisk off. I wish I could shake your hand right now.

7/26/2017 4:32 pm  #19

I'm all for leaving the past behind and supporting Keith Dambrot and his team!  Let's Go Dukes!!!

Board footera