Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2017 5:16 pm  #1

8/05/2017 6:49 pm  #2

Re: First preseason preview, thanks to Z-Dub

Great work as always.  Concerned to hear Angela is hurt.   She plays with 100% heart always.

They don't make that A10 run without her vs George Mason last year.

8/05/2017 7:27 pm  #3

Angela also kept Duquesne's offense in it two seasons ago against GW in A-10 Championship finals.

She was supposed to redshirt her freshman year and didn't due to need. She was supposed to redshirt her sophomore year but her play prior to the season convinced Dan.

Additionally the physical transformation Angela made from year one to hear two was amazing and something she should be very proud of.

If she isn't able to do much until November as stated in my article, and that may not even factor in conditioning and getting her to basketball speed which realistically places her ready for conference play.

The question once again becomes will she get a redshirt, this time to allow her to recover.

That answer depends on two things:

1. How quickly can her body recover from the injury?
2. How are the post positions doing?

If Angela can be ready for A-10 play and post play is iffy or inconsistent then it is worth playing her. If not or the injury timetable is extended then it would probably be in her best interest to be healthy and take that time and the team would have two full seasons which would also be a tremendous help.

8/06/2017 2:10 pm  #4

Nice to see Brianna will be connected to the team -  Having just graduated and being an inside player - her expertise and recent experience could prove helpful to some of the front court players.   

8/06/2017 2:52 pm  #5

Thank you, Zachary for a wonderful piece on the women. The inside game is the one piece that will need to be solved this year as you so well stated. Size is the one thing that makes the top schools elite. When Coach gets that talented 6'4" or better post player, the Dukes will be a perennial Top 25 team since his guards are really very good. Of course, that kind of size is tough to obtain.

Couple of questions that you can possibly pursue with Coach. Are we guessing that the Dukes will be picked second behind Dayton this year?. Any word on this year's recruiting (limited, since DB only has one to give)? And, is the schedule as difficult as last year's? Really looking forward to your superb coverage again this year.

8/06/2017 3:56 pm  #6

HookShot wrote:

Thank you, Zachary for a wonderful piece on the women. The inside game is the one piece that will need to be solved this year as you so well stated. Size is the one thing that makes the top schools elite. When Coach gets that talented 6'4" or better post player, the Dukes will be a perennial Top 25 team since his guards are really very good. Of course, that kind of size is tough to obtain.

Couple of questions that you can possibly pursue with Coach. Are we guessing that the Dukes will be picked second behind Dayton this year?. Any word on this year's recruiting (limited, since DB only has one to give)? And, is the schedule as difficult as last year's? Really looking forward to your superb coverage again this year.

Right now in my personal opinion, Dayton is the team to beat in the A-10 though games are certainly played for a reason. As far as recruiting I know Dan and his staff excel at recruiting though I know nothing further.

Schedule wise of course UConn is on it and several A-10 teams will be coming to the Palumbo Center. The foreign tour was great last year but may have led to some tired legs during the non-conference slate, especially with several road trips. Of course I would expect The City Game to continue. This year's schedule will still be challenging but not so road intensive i.e. no trip to California, but if I know Dan Burt, the overall quality of opponent will certainly be there.

Board footera