Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2017 12:31 pm  #1

8/23/2017 12:23 am  #2

Re: More on the Vegas Classic

This is a much better group than what was in that other tourney we were rumored to be in.

8/23/2017 7:44 am  #3

duq81 wrote:

This is a much better group than what was in that other tourney we were rumored to be in.

It definitely is. I have name recognition for the six schools mentioned. I never thought I'd wish for November to come. But I am.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

8/23/2017 8:21 am  #4

Don't rush my summer! Before November gets here, I have a wedding reception I get to pay for as father of the bride. 😖 What stood out to me in the release is that this is a tournament that can be "won," eg, that there will be a champion. Assuming I read that right. Looks like an early goal, no?

8/23/2017 9:22 am  #5

ElDuque wrote:

What stood out to me in the release is that this is a tournament that can be "won," eg, that there will be a champion. Assuming I read that right. Looks like an early goal, no?

Yes, I noticed that too. So the schedule on GoDuquesne, which has us playing Southern Illinois on December 23 (which is a Saturday, not a Tuesday as the press release states), is apparently wrong. We'll get the winner or loser of Nevada-Southern Illinois, depending on what we do against San Francisco.

8/23/2017 1:19 pm  #6

I was so busy trying to figure out who we actually play my head hurt. Thanks for the clarity Dennis.

8/27/2017 4:55 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Don't rush my summer! Before November gets here, I have a wedding reception I get to pay for as father of the bride. 😖 What stood out to me in the release is that this is a tournament that can be "won," eg, that there will be a champion. Assuming I read that right. Looks like an early goal, no?

Have it in a fire hall. Serve pierogis, fried chicken, pasta. Have IC Light and Coors Light, no wine, no hard liquor. Cut off the drinks at dinner. Toast the bride and groom with grape juice. Hire a teenager to bring his CD collection for the music. Make sure he has the Macarena, the chicken dance, Proud Mary and the hokie pokie. Make sure none of the CDs have the parental guidance label. Have your uncle take the pix with his Kodak instamatic. 200 guests at $5 each, hall rental $500, booze $500, DJ $200, Uncle Fred - 10 rolls of film with developing $200. $2,400 free and clear. I have two sons, no daughters so I might be missing something. OK. Best wishes to the bride and groom. Hope the day is beautiful and they have a very long and happy marriage. I've had 5 great years of marriage. 5 out of 35, not too shabby.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

8/27/2017 6:18 pm  #8

KenOTR73 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Have it in a fire hall. Serve pierogis, fried chicken, pasta. Have IC Light and Coors Light, no wine, no hard liquor. Cut off the drinks at dinner. Toast the bride and groom with grape juice. Hire a teenager to bring his CD collection for the music. Make sure he has the Macarena, the chicken dance, Proud Mary and the hokie pokie. Make sure none of the CDs have the parental guidance label. Have your uncle take the pix with his Kodak instamatic. 200 guests at $5 each, hall rental $500, booze $500, DJ $200, Uncle Fred - 10 rolls of film with developing $200. $2,400 free and clear. I have two sons, no daughters so I might be missing something. OK. Best wishes to the bride and groom. Hope the day is beautiful and they have a very long and happy marriage. I've had 5 great years of marriage. 5 out of 35, not too shabby.

Kodak Instamatic? Rolls of film???
Check that calendar Ken.
(I shot weddings for many years, so I had to get a dig in there for that)

Board footera