Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2017 10:19 pm  #1

Season opening loss

51-13 to SDSU.

We stepped in the ring with a heavyweight, and got slobber knockered. Hopefully no injuries and we can go on to a winning season.

8/31/2017 11:20 pm  #2

Re: Season opening loss

Tough game when you guys give up so much in size. Your team has great heart and will compete well in the NEC. If you watched the game you can probably see why #19 will be playing Sunday's next year. Your DBs for the most part covered him well, he just has a nose for the ball.

Good luck the rest of the year!

9/01/2017 5:11 am  #3

Jackedforlife..thanks for classy post and I was on sidelines and met many sdsu staff and fans.also classy and enjoyed the atmosphere. TE and 19 really impressed and 19s route running caused me to comment on an out pattern close to me it was so sharp.good luck and will be rooting for you guys. Judge Jack McVay Jr

9/01/2017 7:04 am  #4

SDSU would clearly give some FBS programs anything from a beat down to competitive game.

​I'm proud of Coach Schmitt and the Dukes for scheduling this game. Not the easiest year to do it after a four year starter at QB departs, and that's not an excuse. SDSU is a powerhouse, so best we could have hoped for in terms of outcome was a closer score.

It's encouraging to know that our program is on the rise.

Go Dukes!

9/01/2017 7:12 am  #5

Judge, I'm glad you had a great time at the game. We are blessed to have many great athletes and more so they are great kids as I'm sure your program has. As stated before, I believe you guys are a class program and will be at the top of the NEC. There are just times you run in to a buzzsaw. This offense has that ability to do that, last year we beat Western Illinois 52-14 in much the same fashion. They had beat FBS Northern Illinois 28-23 just the week before.

Thankfully there were minimal injuries, except for our starting RT(sounds like it may just be a sprain, out 2-3 weeks). Good luck and give them heck in the NEC.

Board footera