Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2017 7:29 pm  #26

Re: Full schedule's out

Phil, I hope you're hunkered down. Prayers for you & your family for your health, safety & property! 

9/10/2017 10:51 am  #27

VBC wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Brian wrote:

Times of games not scheduled for TV have yet to be announced. 

RMU has PPG this year awaiting the building of their new arena. I'm not sure if that had any effect on us having any home games there. There's no conflict with the 12/30 game vs Dayton with the Pens out of town and no event scheduled that day. That is the only game outside of pitt that I could see on our schedule being played at PPG this year.

As an aside, RMU has three conference home games that are the same day as Pens home games, including two of them on weekdays. They have the site as TBA, so I'm curious where those games end up being played.

Palumbo maybe? I'd have no problem with it, after all, the Dukes played their games at Pitt for several years after the Duquesne Gardens was razed.

I'd be happy to see RMU renting Palumbo for some of their games.  That way their program can be helping to pay for ours.

I hope that we can work out something with RMU to let them play at Palumbo.  Because if they raise enough funds we are going to be in the same situation at in a year or two as RMU.   Perhaps they will return the favor.

9/10/2017 4:07 pm  #28

ElDuque wrote:

Phil, I hope you're hunkered down. Prayers for you & your family for your health, safety & property! 

Thanks El Duque,

Storm about to pass us at 5:04 pm Sunday, we are without power, using a wi if until iPad runs out of charge.

Hunkered down, I lived thru many hurricanes but non this powerful. Thanks for the prayers.

A diehard fan since 1961

9/10/2017 6:44 pm  #29

duqkurt wrote:

VBC wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Palumbo maybe? I'd have no problem with it, after all, the Dukes played their games at Pitt for several years after the Duquesne Gardens was razed.

I'd be happy to see RMU renting Palumbo for some of their games.  That way their program can be helping to pay for ours.

I hope that we can work out something with RMU to let them play at Palumbo. Because if they raise enough funds we are going to be in the same situation at in a year or two as RMU. Perhaps they will return the favor.

Agreed. We could well end up in a spot where we might have to play a game at their new spot. Arrangements could be made to transport any students who want to go.

9/11/2017 12:47 pm  #30

Hoping all is well with Phil in FL.

9/11/2017 12:56 pm  #31

Phildog wrote:

DennisC91 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

Dennis, with the way Dayton fans travel with the team don't be surprised if the smallish Palumbo Center has a great deal of Flyers Fans filling the seats.

I don't doubt that, Phil, but unless they're going to bring 4K+ fans, and I'm pretty sure they're not based on last year's numbers and the date of this game, the game should be played at Palumbo. Duquesne shouldn't have to rent PPG just to give Dayton less of a homecourt advantage. That would be more embarrassing than having more Dayton than Duquesne fans at Palumbo, IMHO. There's better things the program can spend money on. 

I think every game at Palumbo gives Duquesne a better chance to win, I have been in large crowds there over its history and it is loud, hot and great place to watch the Dukes.

I might once again be a season ticket holder after this hurricane gets done with me, then I could help fill up AJ's Place!

Send some prayers down this way......please...

Prayers for you, my friend.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

9/11/2017 2:30 pm  #32

KenOTR73 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

DennisC91 wrote:

I don't doubt that, Phil, but unless they're going to bring 4K+ fans, and I'm pretty sure they're not based on last year's numbers and the date of this game, the game should be played at Palumbo. Duquesne shouldn't have to rent PPG just to give Dayton less of a homecourt advantage. That would be more embarrassing than having more Dayton than Duquesne fans at Palumbo, IMHO. There's better things the program can spend money on. 

I think every game at Palumbo gives Duquesne a better chance to win, I have been in large crowds there over its history and it is loud, hot and great place to watch the Dukes.

I might once again be a season ticket holder after this hurricane gets done with me, then I could help fill up AJ's Place!

Send some prayers down this way......please...

Prayers for you, my friend.

Got thru it with some minor damage, but in great spirits no injuries, thanks.

A diehard fan since 1961

9/11/2017 3:30 pm  #33

Good news Phil! God bless!

9/11/2017 7:02 pm  #34

ElDuque wrote:

Good news Phil! God bless!

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera